Nutri-drench with micronazole?

I called them yesterday. They wanted her there immediately or this morning before 9:30 am. I can't do that so I'm going to do it myself as soon as I get the courage up.
I'll post photos if I see anything odd.
Take clear pictures of everything.

Can you contact MSU directly?
@Kiki can you link your lab list here?

Take clear pictures of everything.
I'm going to do it tomorrow. It's supposed to be a little warmer.
Very little. She's at 34° in my old fridge. I hope she doesn't smell too bad, but I'm sure she will.
It was too cold today.
I have my stuff ready do wish me luck.

I totally get it. I’m squeamish as it is... what about your vet? I believe these things are relatively inexpensive. I would google where to get one done in your state if the vet doesn’t do it. You would want to keep the body cold but not frozen
Again, sorry for your loss 😢
I did google it, MSU is a veterinarian school but too far away, plus it's $200 they said. For that, I'll do it Sunday outside in the sun and snow and ice!

I did google it, MSU is a veterinarian school but too far away, plus it's $200 they said. For that, I'll do it Sunday outside in the sun and snow and ice!
Well, I opened her up. She had a full crop, a really full gizzard and an egg in the chamber.
I am surprised my vet didn't notice the egg there. She was healthy looking in everything else, heart, lungs, kidneys, but full of poop before the egg. My poor baby. There was also a lot of little grass pieces in her gizzard, little stones and feed.
It was interesting, sad, and now I feel bad because obviously she would have been ok if I'd checked her out more often.😥. Here's the photos.
Warning! uite gruesome.
I did google it, MSU is a veterinarian school but too far away, plus it's $200 they said. For that, I'll do it Sunday outside in the sun and snow and ice

Well, I opened her up. She had a full crop, a really full gizzard and an egg in the chamber.
I am surprised my vet didn't notice the egg there. She was healthy looking in everything else, heart, lungs, kidneys, but full of poop before the egg. My poor baby. There was also a lot of little grass pieces in her gizzard, little stones and feed.
It was interesting, sad, smelly, cold
IMG_20210221_135809614_MP.jpg
, and now I feel bad because obviously she would have been ok if I'd checked her out more often.😥. Poor hen. All that going in plus the drastic molt and frigid weather!
Here's the photos.
Warning! Quite gruesome.

Ist one is the egg area and her intestine. Second is gizzard area before I seperated it.
3rd one is the inside of her gizzard.
4th one is another shot of the intestine and egg department.

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_135813319_MP.jpg
    IMG_20210221_135813319_MP.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210221_140120335.jpg
    IMG_20210221_140120335.jpg
    957.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210221_140123846_MP.jpg
    IMG_20210221_140123846_MP.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back