Nutritional yeast for ducklings???

Idk how much niacin is in brewers yeast (don’t have a bag in front of me) but the nutritional yeast we have has 13.6mg in 2 tbsp. It says in 90% of daily intake for human. It would probably work just fine for the ducks. We used brewers yeast because that’s what we heard of at the time we got ducks.

I was reading somewhere that you can use nutritional yeast instead of niacin, is that true? Cuz I have 2 duckling that really need niacin. If it isn’t what can I use?

Sure, yeast has lots of niacin. However, it is too late for that, your ducks are already deficient. They need to get a large dose of niacin into their bloodstream as quickly as possible. I use pure niacin powder and many others use a liquid B-vitamin supplement. Get something that doesn't need to be digested, something concentrated. You need to get them back on track as quickly as possible.

Sure, yeast has lots of niacin. However, it is too late for that, your ducks are already deficient. They need to get a large dose of niacin into their bloodstream as quickly as possible. I use pure niacin powder and many others use a liquid B-vitamin supplement. Get something that doesn't need to be digested, something concentrated. You need to get them back on track as quickly as possible.
Ok thank you!

Back
Top Bottom