Nuture Right 360 issues

Dezi735

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2022
I have a question about incubation in a Nuture Right 360. I know most people love theirs but as it stands right now I hate mine. I've only been able to hatch at most 6 out of 22. Lately its been 3. I have a secondary hydrometer/thermometer in it and it usually is within normal range (temp between 99.5-101.0 humidity 45%-50%). I've also tried letting the humidity go down to about 22%-25% to try to simulate a 'dry' hatch. It's in my kitchen on the counter. No drafts, no direct sunlight and the tem in our house is usually about 80°. The biggest kicker is all of the eggs start to devolop but stop a lot stop about the 10 day mark. I could really use some tips, tricks, points from folks. None of the eggs are shipped all are from my chickens here at my farm.

I have a question about incubation in a Nuture Right 360. I know most people love theirs but as it stands right now I hate mine. I've only been able to hatch at most 6 out of 22. Lately its been 3. I have a secondary hydrometer/thermometer in it and it usually is within normal range (temp between 99.5-101.0 humidity 45%-50%). I've also tried letting the humidity go down to about 22%-25% to try to simulate a 'dry' hatch. It's in my kitchen on the counter. No drafts, no direct sunlight and the tem in our house is usually about 80°. The biggest kicker is all of the eggs start to devolop but stop a lot stop about the 10 day mark. I could really use some tips, tricks, points from folks. None of the eggs are shipped all are from my chickens here at my farm.
I’ve had mine about a year, and my last atleast three hatches have been horrible, as well. I noticed my hatches were better in the warmer weather.

My eggs have stopped developing around the same time, the chicks seem to get stuck to the top of the egg around the air sack. I think what I’ve determined is that the eggs not going to term have been smaller than the others, and that they are not turning, just kind of sliding sideways.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that I can go to sleep with the humidity at 50%, and wake up at 04%. It’s the weirdest thing. I’ve got one last batch in mine now and then I’m backing off from this machine. I have enough broody hens that seem to get it done MUCH more successfully 👍🏻

I’ve had mine about a year, and my last atleast three hatches have been horrible, as well. I noticed my hatches were better in the warmer weather.

My eggs have stopped developing around the same time, the chicks seem to get stuck to the top of the egg around the air sack. I think what I’ve determined is that the eggs not going to term have been smaller than the others, and that they are not turning, just kind of sliding sideways.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that I can go to sleep with the humidity at 50%, and wake up at 04%. It’s the weirdest thing. I’ve got one last batch in mine now and then I’m backing off from this machine. I have enough broody hens that seem to get it done MUCH more successfully 👍🏻
I have 2 broodys currently sitting because that is SO much easier. Still trying to figure this stupid thing out. I've thought about buying a GQF cabinet incubator but I don't want to be out that kind of money and still have the same issues.

I have 2 broodys currently sitting because that is SO much easier. Still trying to figure this stupid thing out. I've thought about buying a GQF cabinet incubator but I don't want to be out that kind of money and still have the same issues.
I know the feeling. I guess what it comes down to is your NEED to spend more money. If you’re looking at it as a source of income, it may be worth it. If it’s just fun, then spend some time incubating and let the broodys do to heavy lifting. You will find, as I have, that running this incubator until you get it “right” just means you are literally unable to go anywhere for longer than a day. And I don’t know about you, but there’s something to say for a little freedom now and then 🤗

I know the feeling. I guess what it comes down to is your NEED to spend more money. If you’re looking at it as a source of income, it may be worth it. If it’s just fun, then spend some time incubating and let the broodys do to heavy lifting. You will find, as I have, that running this incubator until you get it “right” just means you are literally unable to go anywhere for longer than a day. And I don’t know about you, but there’s something to say for a little freedom now and then 🤗
I plan on trying to hatch and sell chicks as part of my operation. We're pretty tied to our farm anyway but I have enough to do without having to constantly babysit an incubator. Maybe I'll convince my husband to just let me spend the extra money on a cabinet incubator instead 😉

I plan on trying to hatch and sell chicks as part of my operation. We're pretty tied to our farm anyway but I have enough to do without having to constantly babysit an incubator. Maybe I'll convince my husband to just let me spend the extra money on a cabinet incubator instead 😉
That sounds like the way to go. Just tell him it’s an investment- you have to spend money to make money (and chicks 🐥)
:thumbsup

My guess is your kitchen changes temp through out the day, especially when you are cooking and you don't realize how much of a change it is which could be causing the bator to over heat.
Over heating kills much faster than cooling them a few degrees.

First I would move the bator to a smaller less used room.

Second I would get ANOTHER thermometer , maybe two, and put them all in the bator at the same time (leave them all in there) so you can see at ONE glance what the temp is in multiple spots.

Third I would not let the temp get up to 101 because it may actually be getting up to 103.

I would keep the bator at 98-100 before I would keep it at 100-101.
I would also MAKE SURE to salt test the humidity gauge and I would lower the humidty down to 30-35 percent through out and only raise it once you see an external pip. Keep the humidity steady.

I have 100% hatch rates...often.

Back
Top Bottom