NW NJ- RI Red Roo and SSH Roo/pair to swap or rehome

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlisa, Mar 10, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I have a full grown free ranging RI red roo-(beautiful!) who needs a home-he is nice-hasn't attacked anyone (yet) and is just an extra who is bugging my others. I also have another free ranging roo- a pure Silver Spangled Hamburg-he is sooo handsome-a bit flighty and not used to being held-but not mean or aggressive. He runs away from us when we try to catch him.
    I'd love to trade/swap them and could include a pure SSH hen to go with them if I could find a Sumatra Roo or Sultan Hen. I have 3 Sumatra hens but no roos, and 2 Sultan Roos and only 1 hen.

What I'm trying to do is end up with pairs or trios of the same kind-Sultans and Sumatras and don't want these 2 free ranging roos hanging around and bugging my penned groups of pure breeds. So even if you don't have what I'm looking for, I'd be glad to give away a roo or two.

Can anyone help please?
    Lisa in NJ (near Easton Pa.)

2. kathyzak

kathyzak Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2008
    Hello. I really would like one. Please message me at [email protected] or look for my other boards/topics. If you have any eggs I can have that would be better. But anyway is fine.

3. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Sorry- I see you are banned + you have so many posts and want any old kind-any old age. I have to just say- my Roos have been my neighborhood pets- everyone loves them and has feed out for them, so they'd have to go to a great new home- not just any home of any new member who doesn't care what she gets. ....

sorry if that sounds unkind- I just saw all of your frantic posts and wouldn't want to enable you.
    If there is anyone else out there who has an established set up and flock- let me know if you want to take them or swap with me.
    Thanks
    Lisa

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I hope you find a good home for them. I would swap but the buff orp roo I have needs to go to a house with special needs chickens. he has a crooked foot. I am sorry kat but i think your way to young to own birds. Maybe in a few years you might be able to

5. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Thanks hypnofrogie- they are still available. I hope they go to a good Roo loving home too- they've been like neighborhood pets- but they are just bugging my birds in the breed specific pens now.
    Lisa

6. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    chickenlisa,
    I could probably take your RIR, I need a roo for my 5 hens. Does he allow you to pick him up? I just need one that is good w/ being handled.

Oh, and I live near Allentown, so not far away. Thanks!

7. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Hi! Once we catch him, he is ok being held. He's been free ranging for some time now (less than a year) but we can catch him. Why don't you give me some details in a PM about what you have now and some way for us to make arrangements...
    Thanks
    Lisa

8. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    ok all- they are still available. merriruka was going to take Red, but has adopted a few chickens who needed a home and a Roo was one of them. So if anyone wants these ones and/or has a Sultan Hen or Sumatra Roo- please get in touch with me.
    Thanks
    Lisa

9. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    I would love to take them off your hands as these are two of the breeds I used to own and was fond of but, I wouldn't have any hens for them to get friendly with for sometime and my pens are in the process of being torn down and rebuilt. I hope you find good homes for them. I used to have so many unwanted or extra roosters find their way to my farm one way or another and I know how it feels to try and adopt them out.

10. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Thanks Ace King...
    These are still available. Beautiful Roos- if you ask me. Photos available if needed. Also still looking for a Sumatra Roo and Sultan Hen/Pullet.
    Thanks
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by