• Mississippi

• North Carolina
  • New Mexico
  • Oklahoma
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
Important Information!

• Chick shipments to Tractor Supply stores in all other states are scheduled to begin on 2/25.
  • We cannot determine exact delivery dates due to how the chicks are shippED

We made pizza last night ..
Scraps to the chickens - chicken had salad for breakfast

They have chicks here too. Don't know what kind and don't care. I've got plenty to deal with.

They have chicks here too. Don't know what kind and don't care. I've got plenty to deal with.
As I read the post on where there were chicks available I turned to look behind me and saw one incubator full (due 3/10) and thought of the egg swap I am participating in and the other events I need to have chicks for (promoting Backyard chicken keeping at Go-Green events) and I cannot even think about BUYING chicks.

Ok, I am thinking....

But I won't go there....

I do need goat treats...

NO NO NO!!!

idunno.gif

As I read the post on where there were chicks available I turned to look behind me and saw one incubator full (due 3/10) and thought of the egg swap I am participating in and the other events I need to have chicks for (promoting Backyard chicken keeping at Go-Green events) and I cannot even think about BUYING chicks.

Ok, I am thinking....

But I won't go there....

I do need goat treats...

NO NO NO!!!

idunno.gif

And I owe you a refund on my last pick-up. Should have some of them for you Early May. Real Early, like last week of April. LOL

You guys crack me up! I am on the countdown to firing up my 2 new incubators this weekend. I have some hereitage rir eggs coming and will be adding my own in the hovabator and then I wil load up my brinsea with my silkies eggs. I have the itch real bad but have been patient so far. I am hoping that my hatches will be good this year with the new bators. Have to reread the instructions on each one again to make sure I follow all the directions carefully.

So we are supposed to get some weather tonight. I filled up waterers and feeders and gave everyone some scratch and 2 cans of green beans and 1 can of corn. All salt free of course. It was gone before I could even walk away! This meltage had made for some major mud! Oh, found psycho betty sitting in the nest box. She has gone broody. No eggs for her as she killed them the last time I tried to let her hatch. Hopefully this means that Elanor is not far behind and she will be allowed to sit on some eggs.

Cass---just keep Annie talking and dont let her look in the box!!!

This mud is incredibly aggravating. It's Slop City out there at the moment. We're not supposed to get any snow, which probably means that we'll get a foot.
tongue.png

I'm sure my TSC has chicks in, as they were setting up when I popped in there the other day to pick up some dog food. I was given a $50 gift card for TSC as a "good luck on your new job, you traitor!" gift from friends of mine. They said "get chicks and post them on Facebook."
lol.png
I'd rather use it for feed, though - if I want chicks I know where to get hatching eggs when one of the ladies goes broody, and I don't mind extra roosters, as they're tasty. Besides, I have the turkeys coming in a couple of months, and they'll be quite enough work!

One thing I noticed at TSC is they've got the chicks so you can't get close enough for the kids to see them. What's up with that? I have far to much self control and no room for more so I don't get the heebie jeebies to buy chicks.

I was out to buy chick starter grower and pellets.

Now I have to tell you this. When I was in CM last time I ask for Egg Producer pellets which are 21% and got that, but paid for "layer pellets which are 16% protein. So I tried to explain it to the girl and man what a drag it was trying to explain I owed THEM money. Well I ended up saying forget it in hopes of settling it up next time. My point being sometimes trying to do the right thing is perceived as "you're crazy". I'll try again next time I go in and if I get the same hassle I'll just forget it.

In good news I may have a job! I hope so.

In other news I typed up some recipes from the "Out Here" magazine that TSC gives away free. One is for "White Chili" made with chicken. Point being another excuse to process chickens. Only thing is the magazine doesn't come out often enough. I've got the newest and can't wait to read it.

Does anyone here have some Ameraucana eggs for sale or trade? I just want to add a couple of hens to my EE/Amer line. With just the one roo it's won't be long before everyone is related to closely. I won't need them for a while though. Perhaps next month. I'm going to be getting some more CR eggs from GA. Not sure when. Though I do have a couple of broody hens who could do them for me now if I had them.

This mud is incredibly aggravating. It's Slop City out there at the moment. We're not supposed to get any snow, which probably means that we'll get a foot.
tongue.png

I'm sure my TSC has chicks in, as they were setting up when I popped in there the other day to pick up some dog food. I was given a $50 gift card for TSC as a "good luck on your new job, you traitor!" gift from friends of mine. They said "get chicks and post them on Facebook."
lol.png
I'd rather use it for feed, though - if I want chicks I know where to get hatching eggs when one of the ladies goes broody, and I don't mind extra roosters, as they're tasty. Besides, I have the turkeys coming in a couple of months, and they'll be quite enough work!

Don't you have a garden? I just throw more straw or chips down.

One thing I noticed at TSC is they've got the chicks so you can't get close enough for the kids to see them. What's up with that? I have far to much self control and no room for more so I don't get the heebie jeebies to buy chicks.

I was out to buy chick starter grower and pellets.

Now I have to tell you this. When I was in CM last time I ask for Egg Producer pellets which are 21% and got that, but paid for "layer pellets which are 16% protein. So I tried to explain it to the girl and man what a drag it was trying to explain I owed THEM money. Well I ended up saying forget it in hopes of settling it up next time. My point being sometimes trying to do the right thing is perceived as "you're crazy". I'll try again next time I go in and if I get the same hassle I'll just forget it.

In good news I may have a job! I hope so.
I
In other news I typed up some recipes from the "Out Here" magazine that TSC gives away free. One is for "White Chili" made with chicken. Point being another excuse to process chickens. Only thing is the magazine doesn't come out often enough. I've got the newest and can't wait to read it.

Does anyone here have some Ameraucana eggs for sale or trade? I just want to add a couple of hens to my EE/Amer line. With just the one roo it's won't be long before everyone is related to closely. I won't need them for a while though. Perhaps next month. I'm going to be getting some more CR eggs from GA. Not sure when. Though I do have a couple of broody hens who could do them for me now if I had them.

I thought the same thing last year when we were looking for our first chicks and saw them there. We didn't end up getting any cuz you need to buy 6 and we wanted to start off with just 3. But my kids could barely see them with those huge "fence" posts they put around them. Good Luck on possibly having a job! If I knew you were looking I would have given you mine! LOL I guess I'll keep twiddling my thumbs over here hoping they let me go in the next layoff so I can at least get a package for the 11 years I've been here.

I keep forgetting to mention to you, Rancher, I LOL'ed the other day when I got my mail out of the mailbox. All this talk that goes on here about letter carriers, how the post office handles your "fragile" packages, etc. I had gotten a flyer from Littman Jewelers and as I look at it I'm wondering why it's wrapped up in this plastic bag from the post office saying "We Care" on it. Well I turn it around and it was torn on the back. Glad they feel the need to package up my torn junk mail! LOL

tongue.png

lol.png

I hear you and Pharm on the mud!! The snow has melted on the left hand side of the property where I keep the silky coop and not only is it muddy, but we also have water that drips down from the mountain behind us so the top of yard is always at least moist. So with the warm weather, the water, and snow melting it's a mess out there!!

I actually went out to clean up and move the silkie coop today. I almost slipped 3 times moving it. I don't think there are any boots that could keep you from falling in the mud!

Back
Top Bottom