NY chicken lover!!!!

So does a trio mean ladies or gents or a mix .?
When where you interested in getting them out and how much for each breed ?

A trio is one boy and 2 girls. At this point you can make any offer on the chickens. I'm not moving yet so I can hold something if you want. I was planning to take a bunch to a swap in my area in September.

Good point, Rancher. Poor schmucks like me who live in rooster-free zones will just have to wait for pullets.
1f61c.png

1f600.png

re:State Fair... I hear it's a mad house. But I really want to go on one of the days they have poultry competition judging show... Whatever you call it.
1f615.png

Last edited:
So I counted beaks. I have 150 chickens plus a duck. Plus I have 8 cats, 2 dogs and 5 kids. Any takers on some of the kids?? Lol.
And you want more? Haha. I don't see the bunny on the list. Is it gone? I'm not getting rid of all my Brabanters, just a couple roos. I have 2 great Brab girls, 2 imperfect but lovely Brab girls, and 2 good looking Brab boys. I'm going to do some test crosses and choose my favorite boy and keep all the girls. I have a mixed group and might sell or give away some of my older mixed hens, but I'm still keeping more than I need.

My very first broody is doing well. She makes me laugh. She has 14 eggs due the 7th.

First of all Pyxis, I am so sorry and I would have been devastated!!!
Second, I am on my third try to hatch eggs under a broody... different Broody, Anna, this time.
They hatched a day early, so I called in. First was there early this morning and unabsorbed yolk... it is quarantined in the kitchen because Anna pecked at it. It is very vocal and strong... but what should I do...
Second chick just hatched cleanly, very nice shell cut right in half... it's under her... but I'm nervous now that I've had a hen peck a chick to death... third is still pipping...
Fourth is weird.... it is from the same laying day, but is not as far as the other eggs... it looks like it could use another week almost.... anyone ever had THAT happen?
Any egg that isn't developed as much is probably a dead chick. Many stop developing at day 5-7, or day 10-14. My goal with my broody is to leave her alone. If she harms chicks I'll take them away, but I'm going to let her figure things out.

And you want more? Haha. I don't see the bunny on the list. Is it gone? I'm not getting rid of all my Brabanters, just a couple roos. I have 2 great Brab girls, 2 imperfect but lovely Brab girls, and 2 good looking Brab boys. I'm going to do some test crosses and choose my favorite boy and keep all the girls. I have a mixed group and might sell or give away some of my older mixed hens, but I'm still keeping more than I need.

My very first broody is doing well. She makes me laugh. She has 14 eggs due the 7th.
oh I forgot bugs (the dutch) and fat boy (the meat rabbit) I have both of them.

Ahhh, I wasn't clear... it was a clear egg on candle days 1-5 or so... then suddenly, it started showing signs of development... almost like it was in stasis... unless they switched eggs on me...
I tied off the yolk sac and kept that baby separate for a while, when the third egg hatched, then I returned the first baby to the hen and she seems to be doing fine now.

Any egg that isn't developed as much is probably a dead chick. Many stop developing at day 5-7, or day 10-14. My goal with my broody is to leave her alone. If she harms chicks I'll take them away, but I'm going to let her figure things out.
Big Red (my new mom of 8) was a first time broody and let me tell you, she has everything with feathers in a 5 mile radius scared. Her babies run my flock. They decide who eats from what feeder and when. They decide who goes to where when it rains or if it gets to hot. A good broody is a great thing to have. I wish 10 of my girls would go broody come spring. That would be great.

Ahhh, I wasn't clear... it was a clear egg on candle days 1-5 or so... then suddenly, it started showing signs of development... almost like it was in stasis... unless they switched eggs on me...
I tied off the yolk sac and kept that baby separate for a while, when the third egg hatched, then I returned the first baby to the hen and she seems to be doing fine now.

i had one chick hatch like that it quickly died ..some dont make it .
sounds like a new one someone donated a egg to her ...sometimes a broody will kick undeveloped ones out

Back
Top Bottom