NY chicken lover!!!!

Anyone live near Schoharie county? I’m having some serious issues in my village due to a neighbor and am looking for a temporary place to house my chickens until i move. Nothing is set in stone yet. So i dont need a place right away. I’m trying to get a variance but even if i get it I’ll only be able to keep six hens. So I’m looking for someone who might let me set up a separate area from your birds for my birds. Feel free to PM me for more details.
There is some near that area on here, good luck!
Sorry but it cracks me up, funny not funny, towns that do not allow chickens. And there is also some around where I am Delaware county, some towns/small cities don't allow chickens ....
Our town no regulations on it.
Hard to believe many towns do not allow them, when NYC allows chicken's , NYC you can raise chickens!
Some small towns around here nope... u gotta be kidding me!

Sorry but it cracks me up, funny not funny, towns that do not allow chickens. And there is also some around where I am Delaware county, some towns/small cities don't allow chickens ....
Hard to believe many towns do not allow them, when NYC allows chicken's , NYC you can raise chickens!
I know what you mean. I tried explaining that to the people here. Chickens are actually legal here but the ordinance makes it almost impossible to keep them. In reality no one cares if no one complains. Someone complained so everyone was forced to care. There’s no actual regulations on chicken keeping. The only thing there is is a 50 year old ordinance that says chicken coops have to be 300ft from a neighboring dwelling, and that they can’t run at large unless fenced in.

In case anyone is interested. Saw this on craigslist.

Attachments

• 945DEFAC-AA37-49FA-9728-57363E4A80BE.png
    945DEFAC-AA37-49FA-9728-57363E4A80BE.png
    617.7 KB · Views: 10
How’s everyone else dealing with this crazy weather? My lawn is a hot mess like it were spring time. I put down fresh wood chips in the run about a month ago and I swear you couldn’t tell. With the constant hot flashes NYS is having and the chickens digging in it they’ve all been worn down.
This is my yard. The chickens have moved to farther up the yard where they haven’t eaten all the grass.
image.jpg

Omg yesss I moved to Florida a few years ago, but my older brother still Ives in Brooklyn ( he’s paying like 2700/mo for a studio at 20) he’s crazy. His neighbor has 2 chickens that live on the balcony 😂😂😂 they’re so cute

How’s everyone else dealing with this crazy weather? My lawn is a hot mess like it were spring time. I put down fresh wood chips in the run about a month ago and I swear you couldn’t tell. With the constant hot flashes NYS is having and the chickens digging in it they’ve all been worn down.
This is my yard. The chickens have moved to farther up the yard where they haven’t eaten all the grass.
View attachment 2944456
I have 2 female 7 month peking ducks I would love rehome or trade for males. They are getting torn up by the other 4 males!

View attachment 2944456
I bagged about 8 bags of dried leaves this fall after reading tips on dealing w muddy runs…the girls LOOOVE when I dump a new bag in! (Usually about once a week). Added a few pallets & large branches to the run as well to keep them of the mud. What a mess! It’s everywhere! Not just my yard or the farm….never seen ground like this! The random snow and melting only adds to it!

Omg yesss I moved to Florida a few years ago, but my older brother still Ives in Brooklyn ( he’s paying like 2700/mo for a studio at 20) he’s crazy. His neighbor has 2 chickens that live on the balcony 😂😂😂 they’re so cute
I knew the city had crazy prices but dang. That’s ridiculous. Chickens on a balcony sounds like the crazy name of a band. 😂
I have 2 female 7 month peking ducks I would love rehome or trade for males. They are getting torn up by the other 4 males!
I wish I could help you but I don’t have ducks. I would love to but I am working on moving now so can’t take in many more fowl. Maybe someone else will reply and be able to help you out. I know a farm that might want them. They might even trade some males to you.

I bagged about 8 bags of dried leaves this fall after reading tips on dealing w muddy runs…the girls LOOOVE when I dump a new bag in! (Usually about once a week). Added a few pallets & large branches to the run as well to keep them of the mud. What a mess! It’s everywhere! Not just my yard or the farm….never seen ground like this! The random snow and melting only adds to it!
Oh my god I know. Everywhere I step I’m sinking into the ground. But at the same time I have a shovel I left in the ground that I can’t pull out because it’s still frozen in. This is crazy. I’ve also had five hens go broody on me. I don’t know if that has anything to do with the weather or they’re just at the end of their cycle but come on.

I’ll have to use your idea about the branches. My bantams love to perch on the ladders I put in there and they would love the branches. I never ended up with a lot of leaves. Usually we get a ton out front but this year it felt like we had less. We did have a tree get cut down so that might have been it. Either way there wasn’t enough leaves to cover the run. I tried. The wood chips worked way better. But my run is built on this slight slope so with all the melting and freezing going on it has washed down a bit. And the wood chips have just in general broken down.

Hello! I am hoping to hatch a dozen Pure Wheaton Ameraucaunas in June with my son, but if all 1 dozen hatch I will not be able to keep them all. Let me know if you would be interested in any!

Back
Top Bottom