NY chicken lover!!!!

Just an intro, new to the forum. Utica-Rome area, incubated 9 eggs, 2 were duds though and got 2 Sizzles and 1 Bearded Silkie. Any Silkie/Sizzle people close to us? We would consider doing another hatch, learned a lot from this one. We had some older eggs
old.gif
that had traveled over 1100 miles
D.gif
in November - December
sad.png
. The eggs that hatched were less than 5 days old. 3 didn't pip, and 1 gorgeous white silkie got stuck during the zip and didn't make it
barnie.gif
So, if we were to try again it'd be best to get eggs that are a little bit closer to us. So our little angels that hatched play with us every day
clap.gif
watch tv with us
pop.gif
and know we love them.
love.gif

welcome!!

Quote: </p congrats! they are nasty arent they? theres probably at least one more, if you cant get it, try changing the bait. what bait did you use? look around your coop for their holes and tunnels, pretty good size. they like woodpiles, too. good luck

congrats! they are nasty arent they? theres probably at least one more, if you cant get it, try changing the bait. what bait did you use? look around your coop for their holes and tunnels, pretty good size. they like woodpiles, too. good luck
This thing has been digging trenches along the foundation of my house! I've been filling them in everyday. We used the end of a cheese stick and stuck it on there good. There's gotta be another one if this one was 1/4 eaten. Ugh, I left it for my husband to take care of. LOL Funny I was adding a water bottle to the coop today as I shut the door I almost stepped on it (I moved it to outside the chicken yard so I could let the birds out) and I screamed so loud when I looked down and saw it again. Just so gross, I get chills just thinking about it.
sickbyc.gif

I have my own .22 as well.  You go girl!!!!

Edited to say that I have never "accidentally" shot one of my horses either.

But I have purposely shot a deer w my bow even!!! Yes I found out that I can do a lot more w out him then w him. Took me lots of yrs to get confidence but now I do. For soo long I had someone telling what I couldn't do then someone supporting me telling me what I can do!!!

This thing has been digging trenches along the foundation of my house! I've been filling them in everyday. We used the end of a cheese stick and stuck it on there good. There's gotta be another one if this one was 1/4 eaten. Ugh, I left it for my husband to take care of. LOL Funny I was adding a water bottle to the coop today as I shut the door I almost stepped on it (I moved it to outside the chicken yard so I could let the birds out) and I screamed so loud when I looked down and saw it again. Just so gross, I get chills just thinking about it.
sickbyc.gif

question for ya... were the chickens out with said rat before you found him? did your chickens possibly eat him? whenever I catch a fresh mouse I run it out to the coop for my chickens. they usually love them. first its a game of chase of course.

question for ya... were the chickens out with said rat before you found him? did your chickens possibly eat him? whenever I catch a fresh mouse I run it out to the coop for my chickens. they usually love them. first its a game of chase of course.
Noooo....It was caught overnight while everyone was locked up. I found it this morning before letting anyone out, removed it and THEN let them out. Same thing with tonight's "catch" if we get anything.

Quote: Yes, he lives inn Canastota. Delivers. His number is: 684-9601 tell him I referred you. I don't get anything for referrals, but just like him to know I'm referring people. If he gets enough buyers out your way, he might increase his area if he does't already deliver there.

Back
Top Bottom