NY chicken lover!!!!

Hi everyone.....Newbie here!!!! I am from upstate NY..about 45 min NW of albany. Currently have 4 hens & 2 roosters. Getting a shipment of 21 day-old chicks next week from Meyers hatchery....can't wait....excited, scared & all the above!! Have learned a TON on this site & still learning!!!
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome! Can't wait for my shipment from McMurray. I'm getting 22 and feel the same. It's been about 12 years since I had chickens and there is so much I didn't know back then. So glad I found this place.

Hi everyone.....Newbie here!!!!  I am from upstate NY..about 45 min NW of albany.  Currently have 4 hens & 2 roosters. Getting a shipment of 21 day-old chicks next week from Meyers hatchery....can't wait....excited, scared & all the above!! Have learned a TON on this site & still learning!!!

:welcome! Congrats on the babies! You should post picture when they arrive.

Cool Husband ! So what did he get ?
He got "what was left" ... the lady before him got the last of the bantams, he got what the young man in the chick pen labeled "red pullets" however one looks like a Cornish rock, one is only faintly red, and I have no clue if they are really pullets. They look to be various ages between day-old and about 10 days.
BUT at least I have baby chicks peeping in my house again!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
I absolutely adore the little sounds they make.

Thanks everyone...hubby is building me a broader and the chicks will be in the cellar..I will definitely post pics when they arrive...I got ......
2 white cochins
2 partridge cochins
2 buff brahma
2 white crest blue polish
2 olive Eggers
2 GLW
2 Delaware
2 cuckoo Marans
2 barred rock
1 salmon faverolle rooster
1 BLRW rooster

Back