NY chicken lover!!!!

I could be wrong, but I think "The Farmers Place" ? In South Edmeston processes birds for $2 and vacuum seals them. Don't know how far that is from you.

So as far as I know, my lavender orp roo has yet to crow and he is 22 weeks old. Should he be crowing soon? My neighbor hasn't complained to me yet about noise. Just trying to plan when I should get the no crow collar, if necessary. My silkie girl still seems to be at the top of the pecking order. Would that have anything to do with it?

So as far as I know, my lavender orp roo has yet to crow and he is 22 weeks old. Should he be crowing soon? My neighbor hasn't complained to me yet about noise. Just trying to plan when I should get the no crow collar, if necessary. My silkie girl still seems to be at the top of the pecking order. Would that have anything to do with it?

Post a current pic of the Lav, maybe he is really a she?

Post a current pic of the Lav, maybe he is really a she?

Here are a few pics

orpington can wait until they are 28 weeks to start laying so "he" might surprise you with an egg in the next month or so. Good looking bird though.

Back
Top Bottom