NY chicken lover!!!!

I listed half my adult flock on Craigslist. I'm refiguring and reconfiguring. If they don't sell it's not a problem. If they sell I have more time and money to commit to the rest of the chickens and garden.

I will have chicks hatching in a week. I'm going to keep trying to recover from the last terrible hatch, but not hatching again until next year. Hopefully a broody takes over hatching responsibility this summer. If she does I'll buy her some fertile eggs.

Im successfully down to 20 hens and my chucks. Now i have to get rid od a few roosters. I have 6 and thats a bit much.

I have 1 rooster with 18 hens and I think he's too much. Haha. I'm impressed that you downsized so much. You're still looking for dark brown layers as a focus? If Sandhill ever ships on time, Pyxis will be bringing me some Penedesenca. I ordered 7 but who knows how many I'll get. I hope to have Marans chicks available too.

@Nikkis Chickies that coop IMHO is way too small for a dozen full grown birds but should be fine for awhile. They misrepresent how many birds could live in those coops, I've looked at them, I'd say 3-4 max.
Love the trampoline, great repurposing. Though I bet my kids would try to get up on top and use it
1f602.png

@Nikkis Chickies that coop IMHO is way too small for a dozen full grown birds but should be fine for awhile. They misrepresent how many birds could live in those coops, I've looked at them, I'd say 3-4 max.
Love the trampoline, great repurposing. Though I bet my kids would try to get up on top and use it
1f602.png

Thanks so much!! We love it and our setup is not at all do e. We have some more work to do as well as add our other housing coop to the other side. :)

I'm near Binghamton,NY and new to raising chicks for eggs. I would love to hear and meet some locals to get some tips, and make a new friend or two!

Welcome! You're joining at a good time, our yearly meetup is on the 20th if you want to check out the thread for that :)

Back
Top Bottom