NY chicken lover!!!!

Well there is just no way I'll catch up so I'll just jump in. I'd like to get rid of my chickens, but I've still got French and Buckwheat. I could sell or give the rest away but Frenchy and Buckwheat are old girls 10 and 11 would never endure the change to and outside group. They've always been in a run.
Hawks do come round now and then. One or two got Big Delores and a frizzle hen last year.
Now if anyone here can give Frenchy and Buckwheat a safe home that would be nice. It would make it easier to get rid of the rest of the birds. I do have two of these pens or whatever they're called. One still in the box. They're yours if you take Frenchy and Buckwheat and can give them a safe home. I used one for chicks and it does have a platform bottom I made. Sits on two saw horses. Neither of the girls lays anymore but they did hatch out chicks again last year. They're little frizzles.
2251815-right-1

I may or may not be making a move to Texas. Winters to hard and without my wife it gets hard. If you do or don't remember she passed away last April. I have a daughter in TX and she's offered me to move there. Though I do like my house. I've no intentions in getting hitched again. Though truth be told, I used to say I was never getting married or having kids, but then my wife came along. She never did listen to me anyhow. Told her I had to go first but like I said she never did listen to me. Anyhow Texas is nice, but it's the weather I'm going for. It will be a whole new lifestyle change as they're not country folks per se'. Well folks take care and be good. "Good friends are always together in spirit". Get it?
I wish you well in your tough choices. My college roommate from Long Island moved to TX 5 years ago with her Rochester husband. Just moved her mom down with them as LI housing and living was too expensive. They miss the quiet country life, but don’t miss winters. They keep a plot in the community garden and patio planters on the apartment porch.

I wish you well in your tough choices. My college roommate from Long Island moved to TX 5 years ago with her Rochester husband. Just moved her mom down with them as LI housing and living was too expensive. They miss the quiet country life, but don’t miss winters. They keep a plot in the community garden and patio planters on the apartment porch.
Well now believe it or not, they just put in a new Tractor Supply close by to where my daughter and hers live. Which is crazy cuz you can't have chickens where they are. Got the HOA and all that stuff going on. " Pleasant Valley Sunday " if you know what I mean. If not have a listen on Youtube. Great song. Though I'm not up for chickens much anymore.

Well now believe it or not, they just put in a new Tractor Supply close by to where my daughter and hers live. Which is crazy cuz you can't have chickens where they are..
They do sell stuff for other animals too ...LOL ...
And you are right they will probably have chicks
How many chickens do you have left ? bESIDES FrenchY and Buckwheat.I would like to help you ...but hubby will probably SAy " NO MORE CHICKENS "

Well Did I Mention about the stray kitty that free ranges with my chickens during the day ? ? Well I was late closing the coop last night .. Let them out this morning ..Went to get eggs out of the hen house ..And there was the black cat staring at me from inside the coop ...He spent the night in there with the chickens ...LOL...
20190326_121000.jpg 20190316_184018.jpg

Well now the decision is made to move to TX. so all chickens will have to go. Unless something happens to change things. Probably be moving the end of summer. I have sold some hens and got rid of four roosters. EE's but still have more, including Frenchy and Buckwheat. As much as I love them, I've got to survive myself. It will mean selling the house and lot next door. About three acres total. I've got contractors coming to do some work. Had all new windows put in this past November. The roof done over the summer but still there is always something to do. Funny thing about that cat though. Miss having one but given the current situation glad I didn't get another, like had thought to a couple of months ago. TTFN.

Well now the decision is made to move to TX. so all chickens will have to go. Unless something happens to change things. Probably be moving the end of summer. I have sold some hens and got rid of four roosters. EE's but still have more, including Frenchy and Buckwheat. As much as I love them, I've got to survive myself. It will mean selling the house and lot next door. About three acres total. I've got contractors coming to do some work. Had all new windows put in this past November. The roof done over the summer but still there is always something to do. Funny thing about that cat though. Miss having one but given the current situation glad I didn't get another, like had thought to a couple of months ago. TTFN.

Awe, tx will be wonderful

If any of my fellow New Yorkers are looking for Hedemora hatching eggs I have some for sale 60$ a dozen. Shipping is not a problem

Attachments

• 20190404_131423.jpg
    20190404_131423.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 6
Snow all gone here, but my runs are covered, though the plastic has been ripped some by the winds. Oh lord it just tore things up. Had to buy a new tarp for a half hoop and do a quick fix. Chickens are gone now and just sold two more hens today and got rid of two roosters. Lavender Amer, but green egg layers. I try to get folks to take the roosters though some ask "can I just buy the hens?" Now what would I do with the roosters if I sold only the hens?
Still have about 12-13 hens and three roosters. One hen is fighting to sit on eggs. Ugh! I don't have time for nor want chicks.
Anyhow cleaned out one coop and have another to clean. Well that has chickens. The empty ones can wait.
Had Window World come and do the windows in November. They did a nice job for the money. House was much warmer and easy to open today. The fresh air smells nice. Window World is coming tues. to talk about doors. Hope it's just as affordable and nice as the windows were.
TTFN,

Back
Top Bottom