NY SHARKIE CHICKENSTOCK- JUNE 2013

HI - I don't want to just jump into your page but there a few of us here in Maine talking about organizing a Chickenstock up here. It sounds as though you guys have had a successful one - can you share tips - what kind of a location did you use - what kinds of activities? Any input/ ideas is appreciated. Also anything that we should NOT do based on your experience!

I was thinking of a local park that has a building with facilities plus lots of outside room of course as well.

Thanks!

HI - I don't want to just jump into your page but there a few of us here in Maine talking about organizing a Chickenstock up here. It sounds as though you guys have had a successful one - can you share tips - what kind of a location did you use - what kinds of activities? Any input/ ideas is appreciated. Also anything that we should NOT do based on your experience!

I was thinking of a local park that has a building with facilities plus lots of outside room of course as well.

Thanks!
You should come to ours in June then you would get a lot of first hand info!!!
old.gif

celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

If you can not make it, I will start the tips....
lau.gif

Start with your town or State and check on permit needs. Both for holding an agricultural gathering and for selling chickens "commercially". I hosted last year and in my State I had to become a "poultry Dealer" to do it. Every State is different.

Do a raffle. Ask breeders and all the companies you can think of for donated items and certificates. It was so much fun for everyone!!

There will be more ideas coming I am sure!

Back
Top Bottom