NY Swap Sunday

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by SnoDuck2, Apr 28, 2008.

1. SnoDuck2

SnoDuck2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Sunday May 4th There is a swap in NY state in the town of Schagticoke. The swap will be at the fairgrounds there. this swap is generally a very large one with a very large assortment of birds. Starts at 8am til whenever.

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

How do you know there is a swap there?

3. SnoDuck2

Mar 22, 2008
    This swap is held every year the first sunday of May and then they have a fall one the first Sunday I believe of October. I go therefore I know it is there. Also the VT Bird Fanciers Club attends which I am a part of and they promote it as well. Are you going to try to make it?

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Im not sure. Is it just poultry or is there waterfowl also?

5. SnoDuck2

Mar 22, 2008
    by all means there is much more than poultry. there is a lot of waterfowl. everything from little calls to giant dewlap geese. this is all birds in general. cage birds all the way up to emus and everything in between. its a good time, many people and lots of sellers and buyers of all types. last year I bought some gamebirds, 2 ducks, a pair of geese and 6 bantams. if you are able you should try to get there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by