NYCE meet up (New York Chicken Enjoyment)

I expect to bring a dozen hatching eggs to the meet for the auction. Some of them will be marans first year layer eggs..

I did buy a box of bubble wrap though and I suspect spring and fall to be optimal for shipping eggs.

Last edited:
Tabs dont forget im bringing a jam and jelly basket from all the goodies ive been making to be raffled off;)

Also some dip and chips;) :D

My brother sent up some stuff from NC. An eagle votive thing and an Indian chief if anyone is into that kind of stuff . I expect to bring some stuff and Tab you can pick and choose any of it.

Since we've moved there is a lot of stuff we don't want or need. I'm sure there will be at least 10 things. Including a pullet or two and hatching eggs.

My brother sent up some stuff from NC. An eagle votive thing and an Indian chief if anyone is into that kind of stuff . I expect to bring some stuff and Tab you can pick and choose any of it.

Since we've moved there is a lot of stuff we don't want or need. I'm sure there will be at least 10 things. Including a pullet or two and hatching eggs.
You've moved since the time I came to pick up chicks?

So Tabs and Travis - what do we need? I have no unique ideas of what to bring so am looking for suggestions
idunno.gif
You don't have anything that you really like making or think would knock the socks off people?
You know it wouldn't hurt my feelings is you didn't make a thing. I'm just happy you're making the trip.
hugs.gif

Will the marans be covered by a marans or will they be mutts?

You've moved since the time I came to pick up chicks?

Will the marans be covered by a marans or will they be mutts?

The Marans are Birchens and will not be mutts. I only have two out of four hens laying right now. The other two are sitting on eggs. One thing about this is that I gave them non -maran eggs so I know which are the ones they are hatching and which to take away each day. The other two lay in the same nest.

Now when I hatch marans I'll put their eggs under a brown egg layer and that will let me know which to pull each day. The same will hold true for colored egg layers.

No Tab we haven't moved but we also have not unpacked or used everything we brought with us.
hmm.png
Not everything fits in this house.

I was at TSC and Dumor went up a dollar as did the corn. I may just show up with a car full of chickens. I don't know why I gave these girls eggs to hatch. I tossed my BO hen in with the Dels hoping it will break her.

I'm not surprised the hatcheries are offering free shipping. They can raise their prices but who can afford to keep chickens?. Or at least the number we'd like to keep?

I know there is a drought but don't folks plan for these years? There will always be good years and lean years and yet after all these years no one has figured out how to prepare for the bad years? What am I missing?

Last edited:
I dont know what were missing;( i need to go down about 20 more but alot are grow outs!!! Especially the Tolbunts!! And silver laced brahmas....its hard to let any go before seeing how they grow in ;( I certainly cant aforrd to bring some to sell not knowing if theyll sell..lot of traveling for the birds of not;(

I dont know what were missing;( i need to go down about 20 more but alot are grow outs!!! Especially the Tolbunts!! And silver laced brahmas....its hard to let any go before seeing how they grow in ;( I certainly cant aforrd to bring some to sell not knowing if theyll sell..lot of traveling for the birds of not;(

I hear you on the grow out part. You have to keep them for some time to see if they are keepers or not.

As for bring birds to sell , you could post their pics here and see if anyone is interested. I drove for more than 3 hours once with 5 Dels in the car and the windows wide open. They were real smelly but that's another story. If there is a place to put them in the shade, during the shindig they should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom