NYCE meet up (New York Chicken Enjoyment)

I can see people are interested. Are you taking first come orders or what is your plan?

I could take 6-10 bags but do not have a clue where you are with how much you have?

down to only a few more days!!!
celebrate.gif
Not counting you I have 19 bags accounted for from other BYCers. Trav and I are keeping some so with you that will put us to the full ton. I need to touch base with him to get a for sure number.

Rancher the recipe for salsa I used called for 7 cups diced tomatoes. I didn't count numbers I used. I blanched everything I had and it made a double batch. My guestimate would be about 20 tomatoes for the double batch.

I'm contemplating coming, anyone have white, black or Lav Silkies?

Also looking for Cream legbars, Black English Orps and Guineas.

I have a pair of BQ Bantam Ameraucanas, Roo is clean faced, may be split for Choc from Jean from Pips N Peeps

I could also come up with a Jr Trio of Standard Rex rabbits if anyone is thinking about doing meat/fur/show. Or Silver Fox.

I also have a LF Black Ameraucana Roo available (young)

Tab, put us down for Potato Salad, ketchup, mustard and homemade zucchini relish. Think we have a big jar of homemade dill pickle slices in the fridge too that we could bring for the burgers. Need to get these pickles used up so I have jars to can this year's harvest!

JayLyn, is your fruit salad just fruit or mixed with cool-whip? If it is plain, I could bring a fruit dip to go with it. It is sooooo good.

Blue Wheaten Ameraucana anyone? I have a very nice extra roo if anyone needs new blood or better blood. This guy is very nice. The girls really seem to like to pull out his beard and he just lets them! Silly guy
idunno.gif

I'll bring the fruit dip! And potato salad, ketchup, mustard, zucchini relish, dill pickles. And since I have several zucchini to use up, probably bring a zucchini-choc chip bread. I know it is BYOB, but I have soda and hawaiin punch to make a punch. It is leftover from Little Girls birthday party and is just taking up space in my pantry. I can bring the water cooler to mix it in too.

I'll bring the fruit dip! And potato salad, ketchup, mustard, zucchini relish, dill pickles. And since I have several zucchini to use up, probably bring a zucchini-choc chip bread. I know it is BYOB, but I have soda and hawaiin punch to make a punch. It is leftover from Little Girls birthday party and is just taking up space in my pantry. I can bring the water cooler to mix it in too.
thumbsup.gif

Not counting you I have 19 bags accounted for from other BYCers. Trav and I are keeping some so with you that will put us to the full ton. I need to touch base with him to get a for sure number.

Rancher the recipe for salsa I used called for 7 cups diced tomatoes. I didn't count numbers I used. I blanched everything I had and it made a double batch. My guestimate would be about 20 tomatoes for the double batch.

Shoot me that recipe cuz I need it asap. I got a bowl of blanced tomatoes in the fridge. yeahI could look one up but then what would I need you for?
lau.gif

Last edited:
Makes about 4 (16 oz) pints or 8 (8 oz) half pints

Tomatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro. When you taste this salsa, you'll want to have making it be your tradition.
View Half Recipe
You will need:

7 cups diced seeded peeled cored tomatoes (about 5 lb or 15 medium)
6 green onions, sliced
2 jalapeno peppers, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup vinegar
2 Tbsp lime juice
4 drops hot pepper sauce
2 Tbsp minced cilantro
2 tsp salt
4 (16 oz) pint or 8 (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
Directions:

1.) PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
2.) COMBINE all ingredients in a large saucepan.
3.) HEAT to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
4.) LADLE hot salsa in to hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
5.) PROCESS filled jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.

QUICK TIP
When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.
Half Recipe

Makes about 2 (16 oz) pints or 4 (8 oz) half pints
You will need:

3-1/2 cups diced seeded peeled cored tomatoes (about 2-1/2 lb or 8 medium)
3 green onions, sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup vinegar
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1 Tbsp minced cilantro
1 tsp salt
2 (16 oz) pint or 4 (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
Directions:

1.) PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
2.) COMBINE all ingredients in a large saucepan.
3.) HEAT to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
4.) LADLE hot salsa in to hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
5.) PROCESS filled jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.

QUICK TIP
When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.

http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipes.aspx?keyword=salsa recipe

Back
Top Bottom