NYCE meet up (New York Chicken Enjoyment)

Phew....Thanks Tab, I was gonna try to find address in the postings somewhere. Thank you for saving me all that time reading.

Got the Hamburger rolls, 2 bags of chip, one Fritos.....

Gotta locate my favorite cooler, buy ice on Sunday, add some of my favorite drink (and enough to share)

Find money. I know I have some in an envelope around here somewhere....BUT, ray cleaned off the desk. Grrr...

Unless there is a huge outcry, I'm going to price the Chinese Auction tickets the same as last year...which was??? Hmm...25 for $10 and 10 for $5. Last year I gave 5 free tickets to anyone donating something to the auction. Will do that again this year, unless there is more public outcry against that reward for bringing things for the auction.

If possible, please try and bring exact change for tickets....I will have some change with me, but last year the last person with a $20 bill wound up with $10 in SINGLES. boohiissss...LOL

OMG...I still have to finish filling my basket. Argh, I totally forgot. Oh well, shopping trip for me.
At our age there is little of anything we need. Except maybe the jellies. We shall see.
lol.png
Two more chicks hatched a Del and an EE so now I'm up to 12 I think. Any suggestion on what to bring the birds in? What do those who plan on getting chicks, chickens bringing to carry them home in? When is it planned to do the auction. Party starts at 12 right?

Phew....Thanks Tab, I was gonna try to find address in the postings somewhere. Thank you for saving me all that time reading.

Got the Hamburger rolls, 2 bags of chip, one Fritos.....

Gotta locate my favorite cooler, buy ice on Sunday, add some of my favorite drink (and enough to share)

Find money. I know I have some in an envelope around here somewhere....BUT, ray cleaned off the desk. Grrr...

Unless there is a huge outcry, I'm going to price the Chinese Auction tickets the same as last year...which was??? Hmm...25 for $10 and 10 for $5. Last year I gave 5 free tickets to anyone donating something to the auction. Will do that again this year, unless there is more public outcry against that reward for bringing things for the auction.

If possible, please try and bring exact change for tickets....I will have some change with me, but last year the last person with a $20 bill wound up with $10 in SINGLES. boohiissss...LOL

OMG...I still have to finish filling my basket. Argh, I totally forgot. Oh well, shopping trip for me.
You could always get ice at a gas station when you get closer to here if you need. I will be able to do change for some if needed. Prices sound good. What time do you think would be good to do the auction?

Tents are up tables are out on to details. Phew!

Just to let you know, when you get here take the right fork of the driveway and come all the way down and around the house. We're going to have you park along the barn.

At our age there is little of anything we need. Except maybe the jellies. We shall see.
lol.png
Two more chicks hatched a Del and an EE so now I'm up to 12 I think. Any suggestion on what to bring the birds in? What do those who plan on getting chicks, chickens bringing to carry them home in? When is it planned to do the auction. Party starts at 12 right?
The Chinese Auction will happen. Timewise, about 1/2 hour before the first person has to leave. IF no one has to leave early (which happened last year) about 5 pm, cuz I plan to leave shortly after 5 to get home before dark. (2 hour drive for me and I am heading east, so it'll be darker sooner at my house than at the party)

You could always get ice at a gas station when you get closer to here if you need. I will be able to do change for some if needed. Prices sound good. What time do you think would be good to do the auction?

Tents are up tables are out on to details. Phew!
Tab,

I'm bringing a table too. And tickets. Do you have small paper bags? If not, we can use cups like last year. (I forgot to buy them at Dollar tree today. But maybe I have some around. I'll look before I panic. LOL)

I do have some change. I *thought* I had enough last year, however everyone stopped at the ATM on the way and there were a LOT of $20 bills at the very beginning. If a few people remember to throw in a $10 or a couple of $5's, It'll be fine.....just last year the last person with a $20 wound up with 10 singles. (they were not amused, but understood)

Less than an hour til I leave the house ... Hope to arrive by 11:45 so auction table it set up when people start arriving. Tab? If I am not there by 12, could you call my cell phone and find out where I got lost? I'll PM you the number.

Only with fellow chicken people can I proudly say that I successfully caught the Hostess Drake with no difficulty before letting everyone out in the morning. He's currently in my big dog kennel in the garage enjoying breakfast, a morning drink and probably a bath. He'll get pine shavings to rest on AFTER he's done and before I put him in the car.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom