Obsessed With The Walking Dead!!!!

Good episode glad the core is still alive and Rick left no doubt he will do what it takes.Can't get anymore hardcore than that,now the long wait begins.

The Walking Dead Executive Producer and Writer Robert Kirkman talks about revealing Michonne's backstory and which characters from the comic he'd love to see on the show.

Q: Tell us about the first few weeks on set. What's excited you the most?

A: Well, the things that excited me the most I cannot talk about! There are a couple of big set pieces that were built from scratch and it's amazing to see Grace Walker work his magic. I will say that the worst thing about going back to set is that our prison has been dismantled. I kind of wish I had spent a little more time in it. It sucks to see that gone, but moving on, we've got cool stuff going on in this season. The secrecy has been fun. There are some really great things coming.

Q: You wrote Season 4, Episode 9, "After" where we get a peek at Michonne's past life and her family. Can you tell us more about what went into writing those scenes?

A: That had always been a story that was present in the comic book series, but had never really been established in the show - this idea that those pets she was walking around with were actually people she knew. One of the cool things about the show is how we adapt things and improve on them. I think coming up with this emotional story about her lover and her lover's best friend who had actually caused, in a roundabout way, the death of her child was a pretty big add-on that has enriched Michonne's character immensely. It's really cool to be able to play with these characters in two different worlds. That was a big episode for Michonne and it was a lot of fun to write.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-..._with_robert_kirkman_first_clip_from_season_5

Back
Top Bottom