Ocellated Turkeys

Pics
We live in North Carolina. Is there anywhere that we can purchase these ocellated turkeys from? A hatchery or someone? I would love to have some of these turkeys. We already have peacocks and they are so similar. Would just love them!!!

haha, Lord no.
There are only 3 active people in this entire country with these birds, Virgil here, Sid Drenth in Texas, and another man around Virginia or somewhere, never heard his name. Outside of like the Bronx and San Diego Zoos, there aren't any.

WOW, I fell in love with these turkeys as soon as I saw a picture of the one on this sight, although way too expensive for me. What I would like to offer is a location that these turkeys can go to before their new permanent location due to unforeseen circumstances! Maybe one day I will be able to get one of my own. Thank you, Tera Tolar (FowlLady44)

Thanks, very interesting site.

I used to keep up with that forum (thread is from the archived section), but just don't have the time. The forum member, Resolution, (who posted several observations about the Ocellated) is also a member/advertiser here on BYC. He's pretty knowledgeable about the ethology of Galliformes. Below is a thread from one of BYC's previous iterations (the formatting was lost with the most recent move - so read between the lines):

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/140469/farmers-helper-poultry-supplements

My primary interest in the MO's is in fertile hybrids by/of MG's (behavior of). Probably won't get around to it in this lifetime.

DO you sell eggs?? or started birds???? Are you in the US??

THese are the MOST gorgeous birds Ihave ever seen. I have seen the bright peacock blues and greens. THen Ihave seen a darker alsmost forest green. DO you have picutres you can post??
how do u do that thang at the bottom of the post that is always there i cant make one

DO you  sell eggs?? or started birds????  Are you in the US??

THese are the MOST gorgeous birds Ihave ever seen. I have seen the bright peacock blues and greens. THen Ihave seen a darker alsmost forest green. DO you have picutres you can post??

how do u do that thang at the bottom of the post that is always there i cant make one

Looks like you figured it out!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom