October egg swap---sign-ups closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent mine YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are out of my hands now dum-dum-dum-duuuuuuuuuum
barnie.gif
I will have there job if I find out anyone threw them LOL
th.gif
celebrate.gif
ep.gif
I hope they will be ok.............
fl.gif

My girls have decided to take a break this week...not that I blame them...it's 100 degrees out there. Anyways, they'll still be out by the deadline if I have to squeeze the eggs out of them!

As to weather....just count yourselves lucky....
I have to say I think I had the worst of it yesterday. I'm in Southern California and we had pouring rains and flooding....and our coop flooded.

I have twenty 7-week old chicks and three 6-month old Seramas who've never even seen rain before!
Yesterday I started hearing this pathetic chirping and went outside to find them all huddled in the flooded coop, absolutely sopping wet and shaking. Temperatures had dipped down to about 45 degrees and even with a heat lamp it was just too cold for their little wet bodies.

SO....I had to bring them ALL inside and put them in the bathtub where they spent the night warming up and drying. Fortunately I have a very patient husband!!!! I just put them back outside ten minutes ago and you should see our bathroom....and oh, the smell!!! Nothing like having 23 wet adolescent chickens spend the night in your bathroom
lol.png
Ah well, at least they're all alive, I can't complain!
tongue.png

Last edited:
I sent my eggs today! DC# sent to the Sept egg swap address.
I sent everything that was laid for the last 3 days in that pen but I didnt mention breed or color.
lol.png

Happy Hatching!
Dena

Bananas--- that rain missed us, it was suppose to hit us but didn't

I am glad that you babies are ok...

The rains have not missed us at all. My chickens have learned to swim. The mud is ankle deep out in their yard and nasty sticky mess.

They are still laying but I cannot get out to the coop to gather the eggs, so I can't ship mine until it gets a little drier. Then I will have to pull all those eggs to get fresh one. What a mess!!!!

sorry for the rant, just needed to vent. Tired of all this rain and mud. Oh and add to the mess, the temps have dropped into the low 50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom