October Poultry Hatch-A-Long

quailboy02

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 23, 2013
Hey figuered I would start a new october/november thread since the others were getting crowded I have set 41 quail and chicken mix eggs in my new hovabator 1602n still air on september 29th scheduele to hatch on october 15th for quail and 18th for chickens any other incubating addicts out there.

Last edited:
I know I love to see the progress of my eggs what do you use to candle also I have never hatched showgirl eggs hope to see pics !!!!!!!!!!!! I have maran and barred rock eggs in the incubator

I know I love to see the progress of my eggs what do you use to candle also I have never hatched showgirl eggs hope to see pics !!!!!!!!!!!! I have maran and barred rock eggs in the incubator

I am going to be using this egg candler I purchased off of Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/270913735132. It arrived today! :D

I have never hatched any eggs before! I tried incubating peafowl eggs at one point but they were duds. :c But it has been 4 months since that so I am giving it a go with these showgirls. I will be posting pictures definitely! I want to do this right and document. c:

Oooooo! That sounds great! I love the idea of having mixed breeds in the incubator.
I will be expecting either showgirl or silkies and between blue, splash, black, and white frizzled perhaps.

Great hope you get a nice hatch rate. My first try were duds too but seconds a charm also the person who is selling the candler is local to me so I might purchase it good luck

Back
Top Bottom