Odd behavior in my hen

Emma_Bruffy

Songster
Aug 17, 2020
My hen opal, 1 year old, has stopped eating and leaving the coop. Each morning her crop feels like it has a mix of sand and water in it and all I can get her to eat today was a raw egg.

Also she has lost so much weight and refuses to eat anything but raw eggs I tried her feed grass meal worms chicken treats bread and she only eats the raw egg. Her Friend died a month or more ago but she hasn't shown any signs of depression until this week so what could be wrong with her

Attachments

• 20220623_195604.jpg
    20220623_195604.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 0
Her crop should be empty in the morning. I'm not an expert on crop disorders but if you put that into the search bar you shiuld find more info. It sounds to me like that is the likeliest culprit

Her crop should be empty in the morning. I'm not an expert on crop disorders but if you put that into the search bar you shiuld find more info. It sounds to me like that is the likeliest culprit
Yeah that's what I thought too but just wanted to put all the possibilities out there. I'll try giving her some yogurt and I'll check her crop tomorrow morning

Back
Top Bottom