Odd behavior, pale small comb.

It is puzzling.
So, she did have mites on her right? Mites can be bad news for a hen.
Not sure if it was mites or lice to be honest. It was something for sure.

I think some of my other chickens might have it, but have no symptoms and im thinking its just dirt. I’ll examine it closer tomorrow.

It is puzzling.
So, she did have mites on her right? Mites can be bad news for a hen.
More information if this is of any use.

shes making very exaggerated breathing, you can see her making some rocking back and forth gestures.

she has lately been making a light clicking sound whenever she breathes. Like a topping noise.

I think her crop is all normal, its squishy but it feels like its emptying and all and no yeasty smell.

How is your chicken doing? Could she be egg bound?
I don’t think shes egg bound, i think she would be dead since its been going on a while.

She seems a little better by her foraging a bit, but that doesn‘t last long and she just ends up seeming worse.

Shes weak, wobbly, and not eating a lot.

Can you get a video of her?

What's her poop looking like?

If she's really weak, then I'd work on hydration first then food.

The breathing, does it seem like she's got respiratory infection?
Yes, i will tomorrow.

I’ll take a picture of it tomorrow, its all pretty consistent. These green like pellets with just water/milky substance for the rest.

I don’t think so. No sneezing, coughing, wheezing, discharge, swelling, nothing.

I know I probably asked already, but without looking back, you've dewormed and treated for Coccidiosis?
Her crop is flat in the morning right?

Green like pellets could be from not eating well, white is urates, so she may be a bit dehydrated.

I know I probably asked already, but without looking back, you've dewormed and treated for Coccidiosis?
Her crop is flat in the morning right?

Green like pellets could be from not eating well, white is urates, so she may be a bit dehydrated.
Dewormed yes, coccidiosis possibly, most likely not.

Yesterday it was squishier in the morning and firm and hard later in the day. When i wake up i’ll see what it feels like and see how flat it is.

Shes a very eager eater when it comes to one thing: Blueberries. She’ll rip one right out of my jaw and run a mile for a blueberry. We have some blueberry plants in my yard so i end up giving her some. Not sure if it might help her feel a little better. Most likely not, but she’ll end up robbing the berries off anyway so i don’t have much of a choice.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom