Odd collections

Quote:
This is what my DH's Grandma and Grandpa used for toothpicks (from Racoons)
We just lost Granny a couple of weeks ago at the young age of 92.

ahh....baculum. Didnt know about that one.

I myself like pelvic bones and scapulas. We do have a small skull collection as well. Ok, really I guess we probably have lots of random bones, feathers, shells, peices of hide - with a 5 person house hold we about cover it all.
big_smile.png

What's sad is I knew what those were...just didn't know what "baculum" meant! I didn't know those things had a name other than what we always called it. I have one hanging from my rear view mirror. Always happy to fill someone in on what it is.

I don't really have a collection of anything, but I have a lotta crap laying around.

You know what is really funny, just today I was thinking about a bone I found on the beach and how much I wish I had "picked" it up.

I did take a photo, then kind of concerned I was right about the source I sent a copy to a radiologist friend, he confirmed what I found.

It was too late by then and the tide had taken back what it had given on the beach.

It was part of a persons hip, probably a few years in the ocean, it might have brought closure to a family. Likely a plane crash victim. But I still wish I would have picked it. The sheriffs searched and where not able to find it, all that was left was the photo.

I collect kids. As a parent and foster parent.. I've been a father to 23 kids to date. And a grandpa to one
hide.gif

I collect insects, that in its self is some what unusual, but I have a large collection of Giant Ichneumon hornets along with horntails and other hornets from there family. They creep my mother out to no end, but I find them Fascinating!

Stamps continued from Grandma's collection, no particular focus. A lot of flowers.

Cameras, anything relating to a memory or referencing culture. We have one that Warhol used, Pecker from the John Water's film, Arbus, Leibowitz.

Vintage lingerie. Hunted down at thrift stores with the goal of expensive finds to ebay.

Photos of graffiti.

Photo self portraits in reflections.

Mid mod housewares.

DH is into hair band autographs.

Back
Top Bottom