Odd colored d'uccle

Hey Heather!
That would be great! Lisa, do you think your little one can lay enough eggs for all of us?
big_smile.png
I think it's so thrilling that something like this could take on a life of it's own.
celebrate.gif
My laptop's wallpaper has been a beautiful pictures of Citreon Sablepoots for months now - just dreaming. Silver chicks, mutations and dilutions, crosses to other breeds as necessary, whatever it takes...I had thought I'd be doing it on my own, but look!!!!

I've been communicating with Coffeekittie and Lorilyn. I'll be breeding Pearl (the silver mille) to a mille fleur roo and will send them both chicks. I'll keep some for myself and a friend that breeds d'uccles in TX. Hopefully between the 4 of us we can begin breeding citroens in the US.
If you get enough and want to sell some eggs let me know I would love to join in. I have an empty cottage that holds a lot of d'uccle and can be split into two sides. PM me if this is doable.
Michele

I know that between all of us, this can make our project go much faster. Of course, it would help if we all had about twenty SQ d'uccle hens that are actually LAYING right now...My silly girls, I'm hatching nothing but roosters. At least I have the room to hold on to them to pick and choose the boys I want to keep and sell the others. With D'uccles, you just never know about their quality until months down the line.
These are my new boys,,,

this is a young cockeral and will get more spots as he ages. He is out of the pumkin colored silkie cross.

And the girls that I will be crossing to...

As you can see, I need a crap load of beautiful regular millie fleur hens and I guess I'll have to wait until spring to order them when I can choose the sex from the hatchery. I use Ideal and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the birds.

I forgot to mention I purchased a SQ cream light brown dutch bantam breeding pair and they should arrive next week. The cream gene will give us the needed diluter for citroen/lemon d'uccles.
These are my new birds

All in all, I'm pretty darn excited about this project and all the new friends we have!

I know that between all of us, this can make our project go much faster. Of course, it would help if we all had about twenty SQ d'uccle hens that are actually LAYING right now...My silly girls, I'm hatching nothing but roosters. At least I have the room to hold on to them to pick and choose the boys I want to keep and sell the others. With D'uccles, you just never know about their quality until months down the line.
These are my new boys,,,

this is a young cockeral and will get more spots as he ages. He is out of the pumkin colored silkie cross.

And the girls that I will be crossing to...

As you can see, I need a crap load of beautiful regular millie fleur hens and I guess I'll have to wait until spring to order them when I can choose the sex from the hatchery. I use Ideal and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the birds.

I forgot to mention I purchased a SQ cream light brown dutch bantam breeding pair and they should arrive next week. The cream gene will give us the needed diluter for citroen/lemon d'uccles.
These are my new birds

All in all, I'm pretty darn excited about this project and all the new friends we have!
Those birds are prutty. I'm personally am looking for birds that are not hatchery. I have found that with most hatchery birds their necks are long. It took my two seasons to figure out that I was wasting my time, all the hatches had long necks. I got rid of all of them and started over again. I'm interested in seeing what you get from those combinatons of birds birds. I would be willing to help you out and do test hatches for.
wink.png
I got my two Mille Fleur girls at Ohio National Poultry show last year and this year I will be showing one of those girls.

I was just PMing Nicalandia about introducing the Cream gene and he said to use a Cream Light Brown Leghorn or Dutch.
lol.png
I looked up Creme light brown dutch, and it seems doable. Other then the fact, I have no understanding of genetics, I think there are those that do and can help. But I can get a bird, house the bird and do lots of hatching
yesss.gif
So would you use a dutch rooster over a Mille girl or the opposite?
Michele

Back
Top Bottom