Odd comb on hen

The Welch Chickens

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Mar 18, 2023
Rhode Island
Does anyone know what kind of comb our girl Cinnamon has? She is an Olive Egger. I can’t find any other combs like it online! There’s nothing wrong with it, it’s just all bent in different directions; do you think it’s just a straight comb that went a little… wonky?
FCF3108C-1CA8-43BB-9F20-BB2F47816B03.jpeg

37E351C7-992E-4A09-A0DE-72A26366F6BE.jpeg

EC9F579D-938E-41DD-AC3A-840F36BBFC45.jpeg

That looks normal for that cross. Do you know which breeds she came from? It looks like legbar was one, which has a single comb. The other breed may help shed some light on it.

That looks normal for that cross. Do you know which breeds she came from? It looks like legbar was one, which has a single comb. The other breed may help shed some light on it.
No idea, we bought her from a feed store; we don't know which company she came from before that.

I just wanted to find out for fun, it isn't important as long as she is healthy! I love her and her funny comb :)

Thanks for replying, @Saveria!

No idea, we bought her from a feed store; we don't know which company she came from before that.

I just wanted to find out for fun, it isn't important as long as she is healthy! I love her and her funny comb :)

Thanks for replying, @Saveria!
I have some CCL/Welsummer OEs that look just like her and also have wonky (endearing!) combs. Mine came from Cackle.

I have an olive Egger that looks exactly like her (including the comb) I was also curious about it. When she was a chick, it looked like it was sectioned in two. She's 19 weeks old now, her comb has grown a lot and still looks partitioned. She's already started laying beautiful green pullet eggs. I got her from Meyer hatchery

I have an olive Egger that looks exactly like her (including the comb) I was also curious about it. When she was a chick, it looked like it was sectioned in two. She's 19 weeks old now, her comb has grown a lot and still looks partitioned. She's already started laying beautiful green pullet eggs. I got her from Meyer hatchery
Ours is 19 weeks as well, but she hasn’t started laying yet. I guess a lot of Olive Eggers have that comb!

Back
Top Bottom