Odd Markings

Sakura

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 16, 2007
Cantonment, Florida
We've got four baby ducks, about a week old. Cutest things I've ever owned!
But we can't seem to find out what breed two of them are. One is primarily black, with a yellow chest, the yellow coming up to its neck and cheeks. It has a black beak. We thought they were Mallards, but they have black eye-stripes, and ours don't. They other one has the same markings, only with more yellow on it's chest and face. It has pink-and-black feet, and a pink beak. We think they may be Moscoveys, because they can look like anythings as chicks. Yes, I know that they're the only ones that will kill a snake, and they eat more grass, AND they say they're some of the best ducks you can find, but they're kind of ugly. At least the drakes are, anyway.
We've also got another ducky we don't know about. It is mostly yellow, with some darker colors around its face. But it has an afro (his name's Top-Knot), and he stands up so straight he looks like a runner-duck crossed with a Pekin with an afro! The other one's just yellow, and VERY big compared to the other ones.
I'll upload some pics soon.

See 'ya!

Black, with a yellow chest - sounds like a black swedish

Muscovies often have spots on the tops of their heads, but not all the time

Afro - crested

Not sure about the others w/o pics

Hope I helped
smile.png

Black Swedish... no, I don't think so. We looked at pics of them, and they didn't really look like our ducks. We have to get the film developed, then I'll show you.

Thanks, you really did help!

Ooh, that's an odd mix. Of course, we once said our little Kupo (we renamed the one with the afro) was a cross between a Pomeranian and a Runner Duck. He's just a crested, though. But he does stand really tall.

See 'ya!

Oh I am sure I have a crested runner to... all my ducks are runners so it must be
smile.png

61403_007.jpg

Ive posted a topic, to see if my thinking is correct
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom