Odd symptoms in Rooster.

Scaly leg mites are seen with loose scales or grey crusty material. Treatment consists of soaking the legs in warm soapy water, and gently brushing the scales with a toothbrush to loosen scales. Then apply a good coating of oil (castor, mineral, olive,) petroleum jelly, or similar 1-2 times a week to smother mites. It takes weeks to see new scales growing in. Ivermectin can also be used, either the pour on applied to the back of the neck 0.1 ml or the oral. Repeat that in 14 days.

Scaly leg mites are seen with loose scales or grey crusty material. Treatment consists of soaking the legs in warm soapy water, and gently brushing the scales with a toothbrush to loosen scales. Then apply a good coating of oil (castor, mineral, olive,) petroleum jelly, or similar 1-2 times a week to smother mites. It takes weeks to see new scales growing in. Ivermectin can also be used, either the pour on applied to the back of the neck 0.1 ml or the oral. Repeat that in 14 days.
He came with two hens who also have it. Poor things. I did use coconut oil on them last time I gave them a scrub. You think that’ll work?

What would be dosage for the oral Ivermectin? Can I give this to my laying hens?

Wow, do you cook with it?
I think it's healthy for you....
No, I don’t love the taste of coconut. I will bake with it occasionally to not waste my precious butter. Lol. It works well as a substitute for that. We use it for lotion, as a vaseline substitute, all kinds of stuff

Back
Top Bottom