1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OEGB color help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Unbridled, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Unbridled

Unbridled Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2007
    Moses Lake, WA
    sorry have no pics yet, need to borrow my moms camera.

I just recieved 12 old english game bantams from Ideal and was wondering if some one has an idea what they might be.

3 are a buff color, 2 are a light gray blue color except one has a yellow cast on the head, 4 are brown with stripes down the back with a black out line, 2 of the 4 are a dark reddish color the other 2 stripe is a dark seal. one is yellow with light blue patches, and 1 is a dark black and 1 is dark but not jet black, kind of faded looking. I hope that helps a little will try to get pics soon.

2. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    Check out the Ideal hatchery website, as well as some others. Cackle hatchery shows pics of what the chicks of the breed will look like, you can check both the standard as well as bantam pics for ideas. Sounds like you got quite the assortment. In about 4 weeks they should be feathered out enough for you to find out if your guesses are correct. Have fun with your new babies...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by