OEGB's (Aggressive Roo)

SORRY!
roll.png
I meant some of the roosters I've had tend to get aggressive. Not to scare you away from them! I just don't keep the meaner ones.

BUT- those that were mean I bought as older birds- not as chicks! Most silkies are super pets. You won't have any problems.

Well, I don't know if I will even get any of these eggs to hatch. So we will have to wait and see. The roo I have now is about 6-8 mo. I guess. He does not have spurs yet. So I am guessing pretty young? Hopefully we can nip that behavior in the bud! If not, he will have to be re-homed and we will start with younger chicks and teach them to like people. I think if I could let them out some that would help. I am coming into their coop with them in there to feed them etc. He is just protecting his hen and their home. I have not tried to let them out yet, but I may try soon. I have been so afraid they would not come back. But I have had them for several weeks, so I think they would be ok. We will see. Thanks again for your suggestions and help everyone.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom