Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Ok, so just a suggestion, maybe she could be in one of the nests because, I was looking at one of the maps and the Sky Kingdom is near Possibility and that's where nests are I believe. Y'all correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I think Kiwi or Nicole suggested something like this actually

Sol closed his eyes, his nerves spiking excitedly.
He could just barely hear the roar of the crowd. The walls were thick- but not thick enough to contain the wild energy behind them.
Sol usually didn't get nervous. Push the emotions away and deal with them later- he'd done that for years. But on an odd day, his heart would start beating faster, his nerves might even cause his talons to shake slightly.
"Two. You got Scrawny, ā€Šagain, and, uhh, a LeafWing."
Sol jumped at the sound of Tobias' voice. "Yes. In that bag."
Tobias snorted, walking slowly around the corner, sporting a brilliant red trench coat with a tall neck cowl. He owned the look, of course. Tobias spun a full circle, pointing finger guns at Sol, then raised his hand for a high five.
Sol obliged, shaking his head as he grinned.
"In the bag. Where'd you pick that up, Cuz?" Tobias questioned, arching a brow sarcastically.
"Dude, I'm sure you said it."
"Heh. Prolly. K, ready? Listen to that hype." Tobias whistled, the crowd now begining to chant some unknown melody line.
"Yes. Ready." Sol agreed, straightening himself with the doorway as Tobias retreated to the hallway.
"Hhaaaaannd a ONE. A TWO- A thhhrreeee-" Tobias hollered from the hall.
"Open the stupid door, bro."
"Ayy, geez, lighten up, killa."
The door hissed open, and Sol strutted out, spotting the two contestants near the left of the ring.
The crowd went crazy, and someone threw a beer can at him. Sol caught it without looking, crushing the can on the spot, cueing another wave of jeering laughter.

(Ta. Da. There you are @Blue Raptor and @Nicole Taber. Whenever you're ready.)

Neoma glanced between the two. This was clearly a Solarwing dispute and she didn't want to get between it, but something in her bristled at the way he spoke of the Lunarwings.
"Don't bring us into this, you're the one who's so bad at hiding he literally got himself discovered by three dragons going the other way! For a such an old King, you seem to have little experience staying undercover." She said irritably. She turned around and stalked away, flicking sand at the two as she did so.
Neoma sat herself down on the ground a few feet away, glaring at them.

ā€œSure,ā€ Phoenix said, standing up. ā€œMaybe Iā€™ll give it another shot if you show me how so I donā€™t make a complete fool of myself again.ā€ She gave a slight smile.

Three moons, Sunspot do you have to make EVERYTHING difficult, Eclipse thought irritably as she tipped her wings all the way this time, swooping down to land on the sand. She beat her wings back to slow her descent, landing gracefully on the dune where Neoma had previously been. "Alright let's clear some things up," she said authoritatively, pacing forward to stand next to Sunspot. "For one, we are not her servants," she snapped glaring at the smaller Solarwing. "Secondly, her name is Sunspot, since you were wondering," she turned toward Helios again. "Thirdly, why are you following us? Do you have a problem with Lunarwings?" She cocked her head at him defiantly. Eclipse kept her injured talon lifted as if favoring her wretched claw, but using the posture to hold her dagger tucked behind her arm. The metal claw tips on her other talon, however, she couldn't really hide. But why bother? She wasn't afraid to show how dangerous she was once in a while.

ā€œHey- I was handling this,ā€ yelped Sunspot, waving her wings. ā€œGet your snout out of my interrogation!ā€

"You have weird ideas of "handling" things" Eclipse snorted. Turning back to Sunspot. "Although I suppose you do know all about how dangerous the Scorpion Den is, seeing how you got your tail kicked by just a handful of their hunters. Or as you call it, "handling." Eclipse sneered, making sure to be loud enough for Helios to hear.

Sunspot snapped her mouth shut and narrowed her eyes at Eclipse.
Now that the three dragons were on the ground, Helios thought maybe they werenā€™t working together, or at least they hated each other. ā€œYou three must have sand in your ears.ā€ He said with a small amount of annoyance. ā€œI wanted to know who you three are, Iā€™ve been traveling the whole of Pyrrhia looking for rebel Solarwings toā€¦well, recruit. And its certainly not every day you come across not one, but two Lunarwings!ā€ He said enthusiastically. ā€œSunspotā€¦you remind me of someone. A citizen who left the kingdom long ago perhaps.ā€

Now that the three dragons were on the ground, Helios thought maybe they werenā€™t working together, or at least they hated each other. ā€œYou three must have sand in your ears.ā€ He said with a small amount of annoyance. ā€œI wanted to know who you three are, Iā€™ve been traveling the whole of Pyrrhia looking for rebel Solarwings toā€¦well, recruit. And its certainly not every day you come across not one, but two Lunarwings!ā€ He said enthusiastically. ā€œSunspotā€¦you remind me of someone. A citizen who left the kingdom long ago perhaps.ā€
Sunspot had to admit she was a little thrown off. ā€œUhhh, sorry man, I have no clue what youā€™re talking about. Iā€™ve lived here my whole life. But consider my interest piqued.ā€

Sunspot had to admit she was a little thrown off. ā€œUhhh, sorry man, I have no clue what youā€™re talking about. Iā€™ve lived here my whole life. But consider my interest piqued.ā€
Neoma watched the large dragon. She couldn't help but smirk at Eclipse and Sunspot arguing.
Neoma's ears pricked at the idea of Sunspot being recruited into Helios's group. This could mean many things; either Neoma would have to be on her own again if Eclipse chose to be with them, it could mean her and Eclipse going on their own, or it could mean her joining and staying...
But she was still on a mission to find and hunt down Milza and Darltrax. Any little petty squabbles these others had didn't compare to Neoma's; if she had to choose between continuing with them for a strange mission and leaving for her own, she would choose herself and her own revenge every time.
Neoma waited to hear the answer, mentally testing her wings and her abilities. If there was any sign that the other two might not want to go soon, she was going to leave immediately.
Without any warning too. She didn't want them to know.
Though a part of Neoma didn't like the idea of leaving the only other Lunarwing she knew of, if it came down to them or her, it was her. Every single time. She could only hope that it wouldn't though, because if she helped them maybe they would do a favor for her in return.
It all rested on the next few moments.

Eclipse's spikes flared with annoyance. Why did this Solarwing need to know so badly who they were? Sunspot, sure, she was from the same tribe. But he had her name already, and Sunspot wasn't just gonna tell her whole life story to this dragon. Eclipse and Neoma, however, were under no obligation to share. They weren't loyal to this dragon--as their king or even their tribe. He had no business knowing.
Eclipse flicked a wing at Sunspot. "Ask her if you must. After all, she'd your tribe. As for the two of us, we have somewhere to be--or at least I do. We are just traveling together for now and settling a few debts. Now if you'll excuse us," She turned back in the direction of the coast and spread her wings, giving Neoma a "you coming?" look before glancing back at Sunspot.
"If you stay to chat I figure you'll be able to catch up with us by nightfall. We'll wait for you at the shore 'till Imperial clears the horizon. If you're not there by then, we are leaving without you."
Without waiting for a response, she launched herself into the air. She wasn't really sure if Neoma was following, and she hoped Sunspot didn't try to take this as a chance to leave. She still owed Eclipse, and though she hated admitting it to herself, she needed the Solarwing, however difficult it was to be around her.

Sol closed his eyes, his nerves spiking excitedly.
He could just barely hear the roar of the crowd. The walls were thick- but not thick enough to contain the wild energy behind them.
Sol usually didn't get nervous. Push the emotions away and deal with them later- he'd done that for years. But on an odd day, his heart would start beating faster, his nerves might even cause his talons to shake slightly.
"Two. You got Scrawny, ā€Šagain, and, uhh, a LeafWing."
Sol jumped at the sound of Tobias' voice. "Yes. In that bag."
Tobias snorted, walking slowly around the corner, sporting a brilliant red trench coat with a tall neck cowl. He owned the look, of course. Tobias spun a full circle, pointing finger guns at Sol, then raised his hand for a high five.
Sol obliged, shaking his head as he grinned.
"In the bag. Where'd you pick that up, Cuz?" Tobias questioned, arching a brow sarcastically.
"Dude, I'm sure you said it."
"Heh. Prolly. K, ready? Listen to that hype." Tobias whistled, the crowd now begining to chant some unknown melody line.
"Yes. Ready." Sol agreed, straightening himself with the doorway as Tobias retreated to the hallway.
"Hhaaaaannd a ONE. A TWO- A thhhrreeee-" Tobias hollered from the hall.
"Open the stupid door, bro."
"Ayy, geez, lighten up, killa."
The door hissed open, and Sol strutted out, spotting the two contestants near the left of the ring.
The crowd went crazy, and someone threw a beer can at him. Sol caught it without looking, crushing the can on the spot, cueing another wave of jeering laughter.

(Ta. Da. There you are @Blue Raptor and @Nicole Taber. Whenever you're ready.)
The small brown and black CloudWingā€™s feathers lifted in apprehension when the SolarWing walked into the ring, looking perfectly comfortable in the midst of the cheering and yelling.
ā€œWell, well, well,ā€ Shrike jibed, stepping closer to the burly Kapok. He spoke Dragon to Sol. ā€œIf it isnā€™t Mr. Popular himself. How are you this fine evening Your Highness?ā€

The small brown and black CloudWingā€™s feathers lifted in apprehension when the SolarWing walked into the ring, looking perfectly comfortable in the midst of the cheering and yelling.
ā€œWell, well, well,ā€ Shrike jibed, stepping closer to the burly Kapok. He spoke Dragon to Sol. ā€œIf it isnā€™t Mr. Popular himself. How are you this fine evening Your Highness?ā€
(Matty, you killed it, sister. Oh. My. Gosh.)

"Nah, I'm doing very well, thank you." Sol retorted loudly, speaking over the crowd. "Wait- aren't you that guy I obliterated a few weeks ago?" Sol squinted, cocking his head at the CloudWing. "Oh, yeah. You are. Round two, you idiot, bring it on!" He held out his wings, hyping the crowd up.

Back
Top Bottom