Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Helios raised a scaly eyebrow, looking the cloudwing in the eyes. “Of course, Sol is my son.” He replied, resettling his wings. A voice ordered them out of the room and helios swiveled his head around to see another human entering the room. Helios picked Archer up and walked out of the room begrudgingly, becoming irritated with having to follow the orders of humans. He turned to the cloudwing, who was being accompanied by a burly leafwing, after everyone had exited the room. “Who are you?”
Shrike sucked in a sharp breath, but there was no time to sit and contemplate Helios’ words; the CloudWing scrambled to follow the red dragon. He appeared annoyed for some reason, but not at Shrike.
The feathered dragon bristled, neck feathers lifting when he questioned if Helios really knew his son as well at it appeared he did.
“An.. ya know where he’s been? What he’s been doin’?” He asked tensely, ignoring the SolarWing’s question.

Tobias was awake. Ferrin could see it as he closed the door, stepping further into the dimly lit room. He stood beside the cot and watched the man was a few silent moments, cocking his head. Finally, Tobias opened his eyes.
"How long have you been awake, then?" Ferrin muttered, grunting as he kneeled and set his bag down.
Tobias didn't reply, and Ferrin saw his eyes close again. Ferrin reached out and ran his thumb across the man's forehead.
Tobias flinched.
Ferrin moved his fingers down to the man's chest, receiving no reaction as he pushed against bruised skin, feeling fractured and unaligned ribs below. He let his hands slip away, and leaned back, still kneeling, his eyes trailing down Tobias' arm.
"Stop holding your breath."
Tobias coughed.
Ferrin glanced down at his bag and began searching through its contents.
"Ferrin?" Tobias asked, and Ferrin looked up.
"Yes?"
Tobias opened his eyes. "Ferrin?"
Ferrin sighed. "Yes?"
"Is Roe dead?" He whispered the question.
Ferrin looked back down and breathed out slowly. "Yes." He didn't care enough to lie.
Tobias nodded, and he shuddered. "Gables-" he took a shaking breath and covered his eyes with his left hand. "Gables is dead, too."
Ferrin said nothing.
Tobias silently sobbed.
Ferrin waited, then reached up and pulled Tobias' hand away from his eyes. The man was too weak to resist. Tobias turned his face slightly away, tensing.
"You are safe, Tobias. You're alright." Ferrin watched the man's wet, unfocused eyes. "It wasn't your fault."
Tobias released a trembling breath, turning his head away completely. Ferrin released his arm and began pulling supplies from the bag.
"Ferrin?" Tobias whispered.
Ferrin continued retrieving supplies. He gave a heavy sigh.
"Ferrin?"
"What, Tobias?"
Tobias turned his head to look up at the damp ceiling. "Is Sol gone?" He moved his hand back over his eyes.
"Sol is waiting for you outside the door."
"Is he dead?" Fresh tears streamed past Tobias' hand.
"He isn't dead." Ferrin clarified.
Tobias calmed.
Ferrin scowled at his own emotions, which Tobias' words had brought out in him. There was a reality to be faced. A reality that didn't pair up well with a delirious man.
Ferrin had known they would lose people. Good people. It had happened to him before. He thought he was ready.
Nothing could have prepared him for the moment when Roe's body hit the floor.
Such a burning rage he had felt. Such a tenacious sense of devastation.
He looked at Tobias, and he relived his time spent with Roe. He realized how hard he had worked to stifle his emotions. He realized how much he missed her.

Tobias was awake. Ferrin could see it as he closed the door, stepping further into the dimly lit room. He stood beside the cot and watched the man was a few silent moments, cocking his head. Finally, Tobias opened his eyes.
"How long have you been awake, then?" Ferrin muttered, grunting as he kneeled and set his bag down.
Tobias didn't reply, and Ferrin saw his eyes close again. Ferrin reached out and ran his thumb across the man's forehead.
Tobias flinched.
Ferrin moved his fingers down to the man's chest, receiving no reaction as he pushed against bruised skin, feeling fractured and unaligned ribs below. He let his hands slip away, and leaned back, still kneeling, his eyes trailing down Tobias' arm.
"Stop holding your breath."
Tobias coughed.
Ferrin glanced down at his bag and began searching through its contents.
"Ferrin?" Tobias asked, and Ferrin looked up.
"Yes?"
Tobias opened his eyes. "Ferrin?"
Ferrin sighed. "Yes?"
"Is Roe dead?" He whispered the question.
Ferrin looked back down and breathed out slowly. "Yes." He didn't care enough to lie.
Tobias nodded, and he shuddered. "Gables-" he took a shaking breath and covered his eyes with his left hand. "Gables is dead, too."
Ferrin said nothing.
Tobias silently sobbed.
Ferrin waited, then reached up and pulled Tobias' hand away from his eyes. The man was too weak to resist. Tobias turned his face slightly away, tensing.
"You are safe, Tobias. You're alright." Ferrin watched the man's wet, unfocused eyes. "It wasn't your fault."
Tobias released a trembling breath, turning his head away completely. Ferrin released his arm and began pulling supplies from the bag.
"Ferrin?" Tobias whispered.
Ferrin continued retrieving supplies. He gave a heavy sigh.
"Ferrin?"
"What, Tobias?"
Tobias turned his head to look up at the damp ceiling. "Is Sol gone?" He moved his hand back over his eyes.
"Sol is waiting for you outside the door."
"Is he dead?" Fresh tears streamed past Tobias' hand.
"He isn't dead." Ferrin clarified.
Tobias calmed.
Ferrin scowled at his own emotions, which Tobias' words had brought out in him. There was a reality to be faced. A reality that didn't pair up well with a delirious man.
Ferrin had known they would lose people. Good people. It had happened to him before. He thought he was ready.
Nothing could have prepared him for the moment when Roe's body hit the floor.
Such a burning rage he had felt. Such a tenacious sense of devastation.
He looked at Tobias, and he relived his time spent with Roe. He realized how hard he had worked to stifle his emotions. He realized how much he missed her.
Gosh DANGIT Cap, stop making my miss Roe and get all emotional again, I actually cried when she died 😭 😭 😭

Shard dipped her head nervously, her ears pinning against the sides of her head as she shrunk beneath Sunspot's words.
"Don't leave," she breathed quietly. "I want you to stay. I really want you to stay."
The dragonet glanced back anxiously as the human on the other side of the bunker started to speak, the words sounding strange from his high-pitched voice.
"Get out. Everyone get out. There are many places for dragons to stay. This room is not one of them. Let me work in peace."
Shard turned back to Sunspot, waiting for the Solarwing's reaction.

@-Kiwi-
@-Kiwi-

Eclipse suppressed another sigh, feeling Sol tense at her touch.
I don't get this dragon, she thought with a flicker of irritation. Are all dragons this way? Is it even worth it, trying to make friends?
Since when did you care about friends?

Eclipse turned her face away from Sol, moving her wing closer to herself again so that she was barely touching his.
She knew she wouldn't have made it out of the Den alive if she hadn't learned to trust others.
But now, suddenly, outside the Den, what really was the point of trust? Sol didn't seem to want her companionship. Or he did. Or he was picking and choosing. Honestly, it was agitating.
Why are you even bothering? This isn't worth it.
She pulled her wing the rest of the way in, awkwardly sitting beside Sol, staring at the opposite wall.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@_-Captain BRM-_

Shard dipped her head nervously, her ears pinning against the sides of her head as she shrunk beneath Sunspot's words.
"Don't leave," she breathed quietly. "I want you to stay. I really want you to stay."
The dragonet glanced back anxiously as the human on the other side of the bunker started to speak, the words sounding strange from his high-pitched voice.
"Get out. Everyone get out. There are many places for dragons to stay. This room is not one of them. Let me work in peace."
Shard turned back to Sunspot, waiting for the Solarwing's reaction.

@-Kiwi-
Sunspot glared at the yelling human.

“Cool. Now we have an excuse to follow the others.”

Without waiting for Shard’s reply, Sunspot stepped past her and started walking in the direction Sol and everyone else went.

(sorry guys this really sucks imma have to read back and I feel kinda sick so not my best work at all)

Eclipse suppressed another sigh, feeling Sol tense at her touch.
I don't get this dragon, she thought with a flicker of irritation. Are all dragons this way? Is it even worth it, trying to make friends?
Since when did you care about friends?

Eclipse turned her face away from Sol, moving her wing closer to herself again so that she was barely touching his.
She knew she wouldn't have made it out of the Den alive if she hadn't learned to trust others.
But now, suddenly, outside the Den, what really was the point of trust? Sol didn't seem to want her companionship. Or he did. Or he was picking and choosing. Honestly, it was agitating.
Why are you even bothering? This isn't worth it.
She pulled her wing the rest of the way in, awkwardly sitting beside Sol, staring at the opposite wall.

@_-Captain BRM-_
Twenty minutes passed on, and they dragged by. Sol began to agree with Eclipse- why had he left that room? And so willingly, too.
"We need to talk to Helios." He suddenly muttered, glancing towards the LunarWing with an expression of hope. "About... Our plan."

Back
Top Bottom