Offering grit?

Has to be their feed or they may have intestinal parasites. Better take sample to vet if they are eating nothing but commercial food with not a lot of scrapes & scratch.

Has to be their feed or they may have intestinal parasites. Better take sample to vet if they are eating nothing but commercial food with not a lot of scrapes & scratch.

It's chick starter and grower feed. They all love it and demolish it until it's gone. Lol. But The same stuff they feed all of there baby chicks at the local feed store. I'm new to raising chicks, and super confused on what to do to fix this issue.

Last edited:
See I'm worried because my chicks all have the nasty runs. I don't want the runs to get any worse... You see what I'm worried about?

Diarreah in chicks is often coccidiosis and can result in death pretty quickly.

It's chick starter and grower feed. They all love it and demolish it until it's gone. Lol. But The same stuff they feed all of there baby chicks at the local feed store. I'm new to raising chicks, and super confused on what to do to fix this issue.

Is it medicated feed? Many, but not all starter feeds will have an additive that prevents coccidiosis. If your chicks have a bad case of it though, you may need to treat directly with amprolium.

Back
Top Bottom