Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween HAL Fall on the Farm Photo Contest

Pics
I remember that last picture of the eggs in a basket, it's striking! All great pictures :clap
Those green things in the photo are actually starting to fall already which makes me feel “sort” of fall-ish and made me remember it from last year. They’re so gorgeous but they rot and smell if you don’t get to them quickly.

Those green things in the photo are actually starting to fall already which makes me feel “sort” of fall-ish and made me remember it from last year. They’re so gorgeous but they rot and smell if you don’t get to them quickly.

I grew up in KS, we had lots of hedge apples in the fall (that's what we called them, not sure if that's the correct name).

I grew up in KS, we had lots of hedge apples in the fall (that's what we called them, not sure if that's the correct name).
There’s like five names. So I call them green things. 🤣🤣🤣

I think hedge apples are the most common name. Apparently the main use of these trees was to create living fences. They would mold them as they grew into a fence and have the most gigantic thorns.

they’re also called Osage Orange and Horse Apples and the real name of the tree is the Bois D’Arc I think? They have incredible SUPER bright yellow wood.

There’s like five names. So I call them green things. 🤣🤣🤣

I think hedge apples are the most common name. Apparently the main use of these trees was to create living fences. They would mold them as they grew into a fence and have the most gigantic thorns.

they’re also called Osage Orange and Horse Apples and the real name of the tree is the Bois D’Arc I think? They have incredible SUPER bright yellow wood.

I remember the giant thorns too! Stepped on one and it went right through my shoe. The trees worked well to keep livestock contained.

Posted so far are:
5D2D6C05-558A-4878-8709-29CCED59495A.jpeg

Note that pictures by @jolenesdad & @casportpony are not eligle for prizes.

Back
Top Bottom