Official Brinsea Jan 15th Hatch !!!

I got a brinsea mini advance for Christmas. Read thru the manual once and felt overwhelmed........ I have fertile chicken eggs and would like to test the incubator out before I set my Campbell Khaki duck eggs.

OK, so I got the Brinsea Octo 20 a couple of weeks ago, and was able to buy a dozen coronation/light sussex split eggs when I was in Ohio for a few days between Christmas and New Years. Obviously I won't be able to wait for the January 15th hatch-along, getting ready to load them up this morning. This is my first hatch and I'm nervous about not messing it up.
fl.gif
I was up half the night setting up the bator and calibrating the hygrometer. I have a question. The hygrometer I bought has a sensor that is separate from the main body, does anyone else have one like this? If so, how do you run it in? The main body of it is too big for the bator. I've thought about using the dremel to make a very small opening in the lid just big enough to let the lid of the bator close properly over the wire, but I also don't want to mess it up. Any thoughts? Man, I don't think I've been this nervous since I was hatching my own first "chick"! Any advice is welcome. Oh, and good luck to everyone else! Happy New Year!

Quote:
Don't no the answer but happy hatching & keep us informed. I should have my brinsea bator next week. So, I'm gonna need alot of help.I'll me hatching my pullet eggs . Their good at making eggs I've been getting 9 eggs from 10 pullets. Can't wait to get started.

Back
Top Bottom