Ended Official BYC 12th Annual 2021 New Year's Day Hatch-Along! - Meet My Fur Baby Contest!

My Great Pyrenees on my bed! She can open our back door if she gets scared or if she wants in. She is a wonderful dog but if she is on a mission good luck trying to stop her!
67A1F0E1-1909-4BEC-BF5F-281D16BDFDB4.jpeg

32677D82-406A-4295-BCBA-7D2165F378F6.jpeg

Pet #1... out of 50 🤣
what a fun contest! This lovey is named Tucker. He is 5 years old. He’s a Mini American Shepherd from Moonbaby in Utah. (Some people call them Mini Australian Shepherds). He was only sold to me because he couldn’t be shown because he has all white around one eye. Can you believe that!? I got so lucky. His breeder won. East of breed at Westminster. He is soooo sweet I should have named him Romeo. He ticks his head under my arm, like he wants a hug. He has one funny habit and that’s licking people... a lot! 🤣. Such a handsome boy. Love him so much.

382E79DC-EFEE-4878-BE72-010EC582300C.jpeg

pet 2
This little monster is Scout. I have the most gorgeous, stunning photos of him, but chose this one because it shows his personality 🤣. He is such a happy go lucky pup. His claim to fame is he has the longest tongue I have ever seen on a dog 🤣. It’s always flipping around to the left and to the right. Avoiding getting slobbered on is hard. one funny thing about Scout is he likes to sit on others instead of the floor. I have many pictures of him sitting, even on my other dogs heads lol. He just walks right over and sits on them. He is one and is actually getting neutered as I write this 🥲. Can’t wait to have my baby back. He is also from Moonbaby in Utah and is also a Mini American Shepherd.

2BC9E061-A3D0-4E49-917A-F344D35E608C.jpeg

Pet 3
Juno - So much to say about this girl. First I was looking to rescue an Australian Shepherd for a long time, but where I live, Eastern Long Island NY, they are rarely available, and to be totally honest, I have applied quite a few times to rescue dogs and was never the chosen family 🤷‍♀️ I never understood it, but... So anyway one day I was cruising an Australian Shepherds page. When I saw this pic I just, felt like she had to be mine, and then I saw she was being sold. I didn’t research the breeder, I just bought her. I knew no matter what I was going to spoil her. Well sadly, immediately when I got her, Saturday evening, I felt something wasn’t right. She was throwing up a lot. The breeder said she might be sick from traveling. Well, I waited a few hours but something told me go! Sunday morning I went to the emergency vet with her. 1/31/2015. I purchased pet insurance for her. Started on 2/1!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️ My poor baby was immediately diagnosed with Parvo. The recovery was long! She was in the vet a week, then wasn’t allowed outdoors for over a month. My bill was over $5,000 😢. The breeder told me to “just put her down”. My heart hurt to hear someone say that. I gave her the best fighting chance and she’s still with us today and just turned 6. I decided to speak out on that Facebook group against that breeder, and I’m glad I did because someone else just got a sick puppy from her. She then took her pup to the vet and sadly hers tested positive too :( I blame myself for being so... foolish, selfish. I saw her and just had to have her in my home. Scary that there are “breeders” out there like this, and people like me who buy From them.

View attachment 2467281
Pet 3
Juno - So much to say about this girl. First I was looking to rescue an Australian Shepherd for a long time, but where I live, Eastern Long Island NY, they are rarely available, and to be totally honest, I have applied quite a few times to rescue dogs and was never the chosen family 🤷‍♀️ I never understood it, but... So anyway one day I was cruising an Australian Shepherds page. When I saw this pic I just, felt like she had to be mine, and then I saw she was being sold. I didn’t research the breeder, I just bought her. I knew no matter what I was going to spoil her. Well sadly, immediately when I got her, Saturday evening, I felt something wasn’t right. She was throwing up a lot. The breeder said she might be sick from traveling. Well, I waited a few hours but something told me go! Sunday morning I went to the emergency vet with her. 1/31/2015. I purchased pet insurance for her. Started on 2/1!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️ My poor baby was immediately diagnosed with Parvo. The recovery was long! She was in the vet a week, then wasn’t allowed outdoors for over a month. My bill was over $5,000 😢. The breeder told me to “just put her down”. My heart hurt to hear someone say that. I gave her the best fighting chance and she’s still with us today and just turned 6. I decided to speak out on that Facebook group against that breeder, and I’m glad I did because someone else just got a sick puppy from her. She then took her pup to the vet and sadly hers tested positive too :( I blame myself for being so... foolish, selfish. I saw her and just had to have her in my home. Scary that there are “breeders” out there like this, and people like me who buy From them.
Oh gosh, I am glad she survived and is ok! :hugs She is adorable! 💗

View attachment 2467281
Pet 3

We learned the hard way buying “purebreds” from non breeders or at least not qualified ones. We got a Bloodhound and after getting her first shots she couldn’t use her hind legs, it was so sad. We spent like $1,000 on her recovery. So nowhere near what you paid.

She recovered and was a good dog. Unfortunately she tried to kill my dog. The bloodhound was my husband’s dog. Long story short, she was rehomed to a good family who loves her.

We didn’t get anymore dogs from breeders. But if we ever decide to we will definitely do our research. I love adopting/rescuing dogs from the pound. Unfortunately, over here 99% are part pitbul and I think those dogs are ugly (personal opinion), I don’t care about their bad rep, it’s the looks I care about then personality.

But we’re happy with our current two dogs and don’t want to add more.

Entry 1: This is Nyx and Gaia. We got both of them from breeders as puppies. Nyx was 8 weeks when we brought her home. Gaia was 9 or 10 weeks. Gaia is extremely well-bred, her father is a BISS GCH (Best in Specialty Show, Grand Champion) and both parents, grandparents etc are all health tested (hips, cardiac, thyroid, eyes). Nyx is 3.5 years old. Gaia is 21 months old (almost 2!) But in Danes that makes a difference! They are both Great Danes in case you weren't sure! Nyx is much smaller at around 105 lbs. Gaia is 140 lbs. Nyx knows a few, sit, down, stay, shake, up. She is a bit of a chicken, so she isn't as well versed in tricks. Gaia actually has a few titles now. Her full name is Redwood's I'm The Chosen One BCAT TKN. She has her trick dog novice (TKN) and BCAT (First title for FastCAT). Here is her trick dog video! (took out https:// because it was showing a thumbnail)
youtu.be/KNlia5iigWI
They are also both potty-bell trained, crate trained.
She is pretty bomb-proof. A wonderful dog raised with puppy culture and ENS. Nyx is named after the Goddess of Night. Gaia is named after the Goddess of Mother Earth.
They are the best puppies ever. Dane are also the sweetest breed. They nuzzle you for pets and our Nyx actually leans into hugs.
P1002837_original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom