Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Handcrafts Contest

Yet another contest for me to enter!
I am an avid Breyer horse crafter! I craft specialty halters for the model horses, and hope to sell them someday!

I was researching a Japanese horse racing sport, and was inspired to create a driving harness! I use medium-sized jump rings and large jump rings, and I make the halters out of faux suede!
70973A9A-A029-4934-B8D9-69252D92C3E6.jpeg
9CF85B71-8278-4961-94B5-630F011E2E61.jpeg

Yet another contest for me to enter!
I am an avid Breyer horse crafter! I craft specialty halters for the model horses, and hope to sell them someday!

I was researching a Japanese horse racing sport, and was inspired to create a driving harness! I use medium-sized jump rings and large jump rings, and I make the halters out of faux suede!
View attachment 2701041View attachment 2701042
The sport that sparked my interest was Ban'ei horse racing!

Entry #2

Chicken themed Redwork embroidery. Plan is to use the Redwork panels in a quilt that is made with a variety of Red/White fabrics. There are 8 Redwork panels planned, and 4 are completed, with the fifth one in this pic currently being worked on. The panels are sitting on the Red/White fabrics I currently have for the project.

fullsizeoutput_649a.jpeg

Entry #2

Chicken themed Redwork embroidery. Plan is to use the Redwork panels in a quilt that is made with a variety of Red/White fabrics. There are 8 Redwork panels planned, and 4 are completed, with the fifth one in this pic currently being worked on. The panels are sitting on the Red/White fabrics I currently have for the project.

View attachment 2701776

Very nice, love all the red stitching and fabric!

Just out of curiosity--are these photo contests mainly judged based on the photograph itself or the subject (in this case, handcrafts)? Or is it up to the judges to decide? ;)
Each contest is different. Some are random draw, and some like this one will be photo judged. It says on the first post of every contest which is which.

Back
Top Bottom