Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Standard-Bred Chicken Show

Pics
I know that Blue Laced Red Wyandottes are not APA recognized, but can I enter my hen? Could she just be judged by the Wyandotte standard?
I'm assuming not but just thought I'd check.
I don't think any of my other birds are show quality.
I would eneter if there are people who enter with incorrect hatchery stock bird you’ll be fine :)

7A984C18-863E-4476-A703-24AE80375455.jpeg Is it okay if I enter a project bird? This is more of an AOV bird.:confused:
He’s not great quality, but generally round with great foot feathering, pretty good width, pretty sure he had 5 comb points, yellow feet for sure, tri-colored hackle and saddle (and feet), no vulture hocks in him or his kids.

One year old Cochin Bantam sire, Chase.
He has since passed away due to a huge tumor, but we gave him a great life.
You could say he’s my MF project bird. MF has a color standard, but is just not recognized. I wouldn’t say he’s a mixed color, but depends on the person you ask.
Too bad I won’t get BQ or SQ birds until later this summer. If I get them before the competition is over, I will be SURE to post pics. :wee

**I am aware he is NOT in good condition for this photo, but it’s the only good one I had of him.

I know that Blue Laced Red Wyandottes are not APA recognized, but can I enter my hen? Could she just be judged by the Wyandotte standard?
I'm assuming not but just thought I'd check.
I don't think any of my other birds are show quality.

View attachment 2717318Is it okay if I enter a project bird? This is more of an AOV bird.:confused:
He’s not great quality, but generally round with great foot feathering, pretty good width, pretty sure he had 5 comb points, yellow feet for sure, tri-colored hackle and saddle (and feet), no vulture hocks in him or his kids.

One year old Cochin Bantam sire, Chase.
He has since passed away due to a huge tumor, but we gave him a great life.
You could say he’s my MF project bird. MF has a color standard, but is just not recognized. I wouldn’t say he’s a mixed color, but depends on the person you ask.
Too bad I won’t get BQ or SQ birds until later this summer. If I get them before the competition is over, I will be SURE to post pics. :wee

**I am aware he is NOT in good condition for this photo, but it’s the only good one I had of him.
I'd say yes to both. You can't enter a bird with completely random colouring, but if it's a discrete colour pattern that we can judge based on qualifications, then yes.

Yes for it to be show quality it also has to have broad shoulders and a round head. Yours is just poor hatchery stock quality.
We don't discourage any entries, even if they are hatchery stock. Everyone will be given the same consideration in the judging process. :)

We don't discourage any entries, even if they are hatchery stock. Everyone will be given the same consideration in the judging process. :)
I have gotten a few great birds from the hatcheries. I have my Wyandotte winner at fair that is from a hatchery and can’t lay a good looking egg to save her life! Also have my reserved best in the Continental class; Drama the double Laced Barnavelder. Hatcheries you can luck out with.

Entry #1 - Birchen Modern Game Bantam Cock (Guessing roughly 1 1/2 years old)

Sorry none of these pictures are really that great but this is my Birchen Modern Game Bantam cock bird. Not entirely sure on age but guessing maybe about a year and a half? A friend got the pair from a horse auction and I am hoping to start my own line with them. 😁 They really both have great stanchion when they aren't standing so awkwardly!
195982926_316723630149859_7448632184238226932_n.jpg
191286206_316722890149933_7788490741342723093_n.jpg
191894684_316723736816515_6113935742962447575_n.jpg
191641218_316722836816605_8682767919552872997_n.jpg

Those are still Standard breeds. If birds are less than show quality, the judging will recognize that, it doesn’t disqualify them. I’m just glad this has participation.
I agree with you entirely on this. I don't really appreciate when members are discouraging participation if the birds can be entered and is a standard breed. I understand helping people understand that they may want to choose other birds if theirs they entered aren't recognized, but beyond that I don't think jumping in is very kind. The decision is up to the judges and it isn't up to others to make participants feel bad or uncomfortable about their birds :) The contest is all in good fun and let's keep it that way!

Back
Top Bottom