Ended Official BYC 2022 Summer Fair—Farm Machinery Show

John Deere 350 crawler with a 6 way blade. Built 1965-1970. She has a 153 cubic inch 3 cylinder diesel engine with 46 horsepower.
350-06.jpg

She assisted in the Big Dig for my 30' x 50' x 12' shop.
big-dig-08.jpg

JT

This is my John Deere 310A backhoe, they were built between 1975 - 1982. She has a 219 cu·in four-cylinder natural aspirated diesel engine that produces 62 HP and weighs in at 13,500 pounds not including me...

Slightly interesting story on how I acquired her, she was owned by a friend with a construction business and from time to time I would borrow her and each time I'd fix something on the hoe as a return for the favor. One day I started showing my friend ads for newer backhoes and after 6 months he finally asked my why I was showing him the ads. My reply was you need a better hoe for your business and you need to sell me the 310A. Another 6 months passed and he showed up at a house I was building for my dad to get away from city life. We made a deal and the next day he delivered it to me. She is a real digger!
jd310a-01.jpg

JT

This is my John Deere 310A backhoe, they were built between 1975 - 1982. She has a 219 cu·in four-cylinder natural aspirated diesel engine that produces 62 HP and weighs in at 13,500 pounds not including me...

Slightly interesting story on how I acquired her, she was owned by a friend with a construction business and from time to time I would borrow her and each time I'd fix something on the hoe as a return for the favor. One day I started showing my friend ads for newer backhoes and after 6 months he finally asked my why I was showing him the ads. My reply was you need a better hoe for your business and you need to sell me the 310A. Another 6 months passed and he showed up at a house I was building for my dad to get away from city life. We made a deal and the next day he delivered it to me. She is a real digger!
View attachment 3189469

JT
So jealous of your backhoe too. Nice and very useful tractor.

So jealous of your backhoe too. Nice and very useful tractor.
It's pretty interesting to drive, kinda like steering a big boat on rough seas she bounces and bobs and if your on a hill you better keep the boom on the uphill side. Of course it doesn't stay where you put it so your always reaching behind your back to put it back where you want it. But I'll take her as she is and I know how to ride her.

Not much tractor in her, she is all backhoe.

JT

The young girl is my Kubota B7500, they were built between 2000 - 2003 and she has a 61 cubic inch 3 cylinder diesel engine that produces 21 HP. She weighs about 1,500 pounds with the LA302 bucket attachment. The lift cylinders are a bit anemic to say the least. The 6 speed hydrostatic transmission makes driving it in close quarters a breeze. With 4 wheel drive and locked differential she goes almost anywhere if you remember to put air in the left front tire...
kubota-01.jpg

A wheeler and dealer buddy came by one day with two sets of forks and said I could have one set if I made him an adapter for the other set to fit his tractor. After building the adapter for his tractor I set out to make mounts for my new found forks...
kubota-forks-01.jpg

JT

The young girl is my Kubota B7500, they were built between 2000 - 2003 and she has a 61 cubic inch 3 cylinder diesel engine that produces 21 HP. She weighs about 1,500 pounds with the LA302 bucket attachment. The lift cylinders are a bit anemic to say the least. The 6 speed hydrostatic transmission makes driving it in close quarters a breeze. With 4 wheel drive and locked differential she goes almost anywhere if you remember to put air in the left front tire...
View attachment 3190703

A wheeler and dealer buddy came by one day with two sets of forks and said I could have one set if I made him an adapter for the other set to fit his tractor. After building the adapter for his tractor I set out to make mounts for my new found forks...
View attachment 3190704

JT
Nice tractor. 2003? Seems like yesterday, but apparently that's 20 years ago. She in nice shape. Are the forks welded on, or bolted? Nice job making them.

100_0535 (2).JPG

This John Deere came to the shop because it liked to catch on fire. The electrical problem was repaired but the owner never came for her. And 22 years later she is still with us! We don't know what year but guess around 1980. This tractor is really a steady ride. The nice wide base makes you feel secure on unlevel ground.

Back
Top Bottom