Ended Official BYC 2023 Summer Fair Contest—Farm Machinery Show

Feed wagon with calves trying to get feed
IMG_20211226_132354101_HDR.jpg

*Not an entry* Pic courtesy of my work place with permission :)
View attachment 3573772
I have no idea what this piece of machinery is. Please educate me. I can't even imagine.

*Not an entry* Pic courtesy of my work place with permission :)
View attachment 3573771
That's a nice little tractor with big tires. What's that attachment on the back. I'm used to seeing a PTO hook up, drawbar, or a 3 point hook up. Never seen that before. I assumed tractor were the same everywhere. So cool to see something different. :)

They are balers :) Big square balers for straw and hay. The red Massey Fergusson balers are actually made in and come over from the US.

I will have to pass on the tractor attachment! Not got a clue myself :lol: All I know is the baler technicians/fitters use the tractor to move the balers round and also for running them up to make sure they are working ok before the go out to customers. The PTO from the baler connects to the tractor along with a load of pipes/wires etc.

I do know you can have different hitches for your baler. Draw bar, spoon etc

They are balers :) Big square balers for straw and hay. The red Massey Fergusson balers are actually made in and come over from the US.

I will have to pass on the tractor attachment! Not got a clue myself :lol: All I know is the baler technicians/fitters use the tractor to move the balers round and also for running them up to make sure they are working ok before the go out to customers. The PTO from the baler connects to the tractor along with a load of pipes/wires etc.

I do know you can have different hitches for your baler. Draw bar, spoon etc
I've seen the big bales but never seen what they were baled up with. Here we mostly see see regular smaller bales and big round bales. Now I know what they are using to make those big square bales.
But that tractor might be the one used for chasers thinking about it now? The are used for collecting the straw bales up out of the field and stacking them. Where I work also sell/hires and services them along with the balers.
I wasn't even aware they had something like that out there. That's so cool. Definitely makes everything easier.

Back
Top Bottom