Open Contest Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #21

These are the two that you entered in the Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #20
Tips on getting Coturnix quail to brood their eggs

Tips on getting Coturnix quail to brood their eggs

Although many people say that Cortunix quails have lost their broody and we have bred that out of them. The truth is that because most people keep their quail in wire cages with little too no hay or shavings anywhere. I've actually been rather successful when attempting to get my quail to brood...
Breeding Budgies: A Comprehensive Guide to Successful Breeding

Breeding Budgies: A Comprehensive Guide to Successful Breeding

Introduction: Breeding budgies, also known as parakeets, can be an enjoyable and rewarding bird that can give great experiencye for all avian enthusiasts, especially when you breed them. However, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the breeding process of budgies and how to...
oh okay, I will get some of my other articles!

Might be a bit off the beaten path, but I have read many threads on BYC regarding the use of e-collars to cure dogs of chasing or killing chickens. I have never seen any advice regarding their use that is clear or concise or even fair to the dog. The threads and articles about preventing the issue from arising are great, and right on target, but they don't really address dogs that have developed a serious chicken habit.

I train hunting and competition retrievers who, because of their job, MUST love birds. But that doesn't mean they get the right to go after my chickens.

This article will take the reader completely through the proper and FAIR way to collar condition a dog to the 'come' command and even the 'leave it' command, using low-level stimulation from an e-collar (feels like the static shock on your door handle).

I realize there are a lot of misconceptions about the use of e-collars. I hope this article will also dispel some of those misconceptions. An e-collar is nothing more than an invisible leash, allowing the human to communicate with the dog at long distsances.
Are you looking to enter the contest? If so, you need to create the article here:
1704563005847.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/add

OK - here is my article

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...using-an-electric-collar-in-a-fair-way.79074/
Stop Chicken Chasing Dogs While Using an Electric Collar in a Fair Way

Stop Chicken Chasing Dogs While Using an Electric Collar in a Fair Way The positive effect of proper e-collar training a high prey drive dog. Chickens? What chickens? Domestic animals can be a major nuisance for those of us who want to free range our chickens. Wild predators are hard...

OK - here is my article

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...using-an-electric-collar-in-a-fair-way.79074/

Stop Chicken Chasing Dogs While Using an Electric Collar in a Fair Way The positive effect of proper e-collar training a high prey drive dog. Chickens? What chickens? Domestic animals can be a major nuisance for those of us who want to free range our chickens. Wild predators are hard...
Thanks for your entry!
:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom