Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #9 - Write and Win!

Pics
We prefer that the members do not post their articles to the Learning Center and put them in the most relevant section instead.

Does this apply to me too?

Because I am above most rules and laws.....and of course, everything I write is so important and accurate if needs no fact checking. And by putting it right in the learning center, more people would get the benefit of my overly large brain.....

:yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::lau:lau:lau:yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Does this apply to me too?

Because I am above most rules and laws.....and of course, everything I write is so important and accurate if needs no fact checking. And by putting it right in the learning center, more people would get the benefit of my overly large brain.....

:yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::lau:lau:lau:yesss::yesss::yesss::yesss::thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
Ralphie, you know I love you, but yes, it does apply to you too :)

We prefer that the members do not post their articles to the Learning Center and put them in the most relevant section instead.

Mine are both about incubating and hatching, so they got posted under "Hatching Eggs and Raising Chickens" but that section is in the Learning Center, which I didn't realize until after they got posted. If that's not okay, could they be moved to Member Pages? I don't see a way I could do that myself, sorry to be a pain.

Mine are both about incubating and hatching, so they got posted under "Hatching Eggs and Raising Chickens" but that section is in the Learning Center, which I didn't realize until after they got posted. If that's not okay, could they be moved to Member Pages? I don't see a way I could do that myself, sorry to be a pain.
It's o.k. What I prefer the members don't do is tick Learning Center here when they create their page:
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 11.19.41.png

The page then just lands up in this area:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/

It's o.k. What I prefer the members don't do is tick Learning Center here when they create their page:
I found this confusing when I made an article the other day.
The choice of 'hatching eggs and raising chickens' is way too broad.
So I put my 'butt check' article in the learning center as there was not a better fit.

I suggest leaving 'hatching' as one category,
and have 'managing chickens' as another category...
..and maybe making 'learning center' unclickable.
Not sure if any of that is possible<shrugs>.

I found this confusing when I made an article the other day.
The choice of 'hatching eggs and raising chickens' is way too broad.
So I put my 'butt check' article in the learning center as there was not a better fit.

I suggest leaving 'hatching' as one category,
and have 'managing chickens' as another category...
..and maybe making 'learning center' unclickable.
Not sure if any of that is possible<shrugs>.

Or would it be possible to make it so that no one can post to the learning center at all? I liked it much better when all articles had to be posted as member pages and then the staff could go through and pick out the good quality ones that contained correct information and move those to the Learning Center.

It's a mess in there right now. If you go to the hatching eggs section, you'll find some stuff on incubating, but then also instructions on how to build incubators, instructions on how to build brooders, an article on how to sex chickens which has nothing to do with hatching eggs, an article on training chickens, a chicken coop building guide, and someone's personal journal on breeding their chickens. A newbie going in there would have to sift through all of that to try to get to the info they want, and articles can be posted right in there without fact checking so some of the stuff that's in there might not even be good, correct info.

Maybe I'll make a suggestion about this in the Website Feedback section, actually.

Back
Top Bottom