Ended Official BYC Caption Contest -09-03-20- Pic by JoeO

Pics
Congratulations to @dbtcowgirl and thanks to all who contributed.

Alas, it turned out to be Violet's swan-song - she died today. According to the vet it was a nasty congenital problem, so nothing anyone could have done. Left her nearly blind for the last few weeks then she just faded.

Thank you all for giving us such a lovely way to remember her.

Alas, it turned out to be Violet's swan-song - she died today. According to the vet it was a nasty congenital problem, so nothing anyone could have done. Left her nearly blind for the last few weeks then she just faded.

I'm so sorry, hat breaks my heart for you, but I'm thankful we all got a chance to meet her before she passed. Thank you for sharing your beautiful girl!

Oh I am so sorry! :hugs She was a beautiful girl. 💖 I hope your heavy heart heals soon.

Oh I am so sorry! :hugs She was a beautiful girl. 💖 I hope your heavy heart heals soon.
Thanks. She really was the sweetest little hen. Came to us after her previous owners had to disperse their flock because they were retiring and moving house. Stole everybody's heart! Turned out to be a wonderful mother, too (well, she was a silkie!) and raised six fine chicks just a few months ago. (None of them actually hers, biologically, but she wasted no time in appropriating the eggs! No mean feat when there were two bigger white silkies in the coop with her!)

Thanks. She really was the sweetest little hen. Came to us after her previous owners had to disperse their flock because they were retiring and moving house. Stole everybody's heart! Turned out to be a wonderful mother, too (well, she was a silkie!) and raised six fine chicks just a few months ago. (None of them actually hers, biologically, but she wasted no time in appropriating the eggs! No mean feat when there were two bigger white silkies in the coop with her!)
Oh gosh, now I am getting choked up! :( She sounds like she was such a sweetheart. They really know how to wrap themselves around our heart strings, shattering us when they go. She knows how much you loved her. :hugs

I'm so sorry for your loss

Violet was a beautiful girl

Back
Top Bottom