Ended Official BYC Contest - Guess when we'll hit 22,222,222 million posts and you can win!

Advantage multi kills fleas but not ticks. Tick prevention is tricky for cats as they're very sensitive to neurological issues.
The only on-label drug for tick prevention (for cats) is Bravecto topical.
There's also Revolution but it's only sort of effective against American dog ticks and has to be applied 2x as often. It takes a long time and doesn't kill deer ticks which are responsible for Lyme. Advantage multi is superior to Revolution in virtually every other way.
Thanks for this!! Very helpful! I think we tried Revolution once but it was so expensive

Gotcha', yes, the bigger chains are kind of a different story, I guess I hadn't considered your vet could be at one of those places. We don't have any here, and I forgot they even existed. Our vets here are all small, independently owned clinics. The one I go to most often even has stalls where people can bring in larger livestock to be seen. One time I was there I spent some time adoring a little miniature colt, he was ridiculously cute :)
Yeah, there’s a lot of little ones here too but this one is the only one I’ve found that has a grooming center and it used to be similarly priced to the other ones, surprisingly, and they’re also really nice here at least but sometimes they can be a bit salesy. Like one time they said they had some toothpaste they could give me for her so I was thinking it was like a little free sample and said yes but then I ended up having to buy it. I didn’t mind cause it wasn’t very expensive but it’s just little stuff like that that kind of irks me. But they’re otherwise great.

Back
Top Bottom