Ended Official BYC Contest - Guess When We'll Hit 22 Million Posts And You Can Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not tell me if it is meat...raw meat. I do not want to know.
No meat involved.

I have had a roast done in a microwave that was good but it was done based on a temperature probe and not a timer. It did not cut much time off of the cooking from how long it would have taken in an oven.

No meat involved.

I have had a roast done in a microwave that was good but it was done based on a temperature probe and not a timer. It did not cut much time off of the cooking from how long it would have taken in an oven.
I said DON'T tell me if you cook raw meat in there.

🤮🤮🤮

We're grilling vegetable skewers, chicken, pork tenderloin, pork steaks, baby back ribs, brats, et. al..
On the skewers are onions, shitake, white button and king oyster mushrooms, zucchini, a variety of bell peppers, hot chilis and sausage etc..
There is also potato salad, pasta salad, broccoli, rice and cheese casserole plus baked beans. All homemade.
We were playing bocce ball and luckily, the clouds parted and didn't rain down on us. It is thundering now so we probably dodged the bullet.

Last edited:
Lay on your back thingies.

Lay on your back and lift your legs up and down. Leg lifts with your gut muscles.
Ahhhh in the Navy we have 2 different leg exercises like that..
1) flutter kicks = knees locked, toes pointed away from you, hands under your butt cheeks, heels are not allowed to touch the ground during the exercise & neither is your head. They are a 4 count exercise
1- right heel way up, left heel just off the ground
2- switch feet positions
3- seemlessly switch back to right heel way up (knee still locked & tees still pointed away from you) & left heel just off the ground
4- switch again
1- that's your 1st count of 40, 4 count flutter kicks

No stopping during this 40 count either.
Then at the end the instructor usually made us hold our feet Rock solid straight for upwards of 2 minutes before he would say "down".

Next is the really stamina inducing leg lift.
Nickname = good morning darlings
These are also 4 counts
Almost the same starting position
1st thing is head & heels off the ground and they stay off the ground during the entire exercise as well; 2nd knees locked & feet have toes pointed straight up; 3rd hands are again under the butt cheeks
Count one is both feet are spread as wide as possible and staying off the ground
Count 2 is return to ankles touching & straight with your spine
Count 3 is repeat of 1 still keeping feet and head off the ground
Count 4 is a return to start and then it's done 40 more times.....
And yup. You guess correctly, the instructor would do the same wait before "down" was uttered and we could take a rest.

Then of course there were the 8 count body builders, sit ups, push ups (4 types= regular, wide arm, tricept & one armed) & of course Superman's too(flutter kicks on your stomach)....

All this was never fun out on the beach for Aircrew or rescue swimmer school!

Squats? planks? 30 seconds of plank? :old:idunno
Planks and pushups kill me. I can do them--at first I struggled but they seem easy now--and I believe my form is right, but later on or next day my torso will be all cramped up, esp around my ribcage. I can barely walk. So no, no planks for me.

Ahhhh in the Navy we have 2 different leg exercises like that..
1) flutter kicks = knees locked, toes pointed away from you, hands under your butt cheeks, heels are not allowed to touch the ground during the exercise & neither is your head. They are a 4 count exercise
1- right heel way up, left heel just off the ground
2- switch feet positions
3- seemlessly switch back to right heel way up (knee still locked & tees still pointed away from you) & left heel just off the ground
4- switch again
1- that's your 1st count of 40, 4 count flutter kicks

No stopping during this 40 count either.
Then at the end the instructor usually made us hold our feet Rock solid straight for upwards of 2 minutes before he would say "down".

Next is the really stamina inducing leg lift.
Nickname = good morning darlings
These are also 4 counts
Almost the same starting position
1st thing is head & heels off the ground and they stay off the ground during the entire exercise as well; 2nd knees locked & feet have toes pointed straight up; 3rd hands are again under the butt cheeks
Count one is both feet are spread as wide as possible and staying off the ground
Count 2 is return to ankles touching & straight with your spine
Count 3 is repeat of 1 still keeping feet and head off the ground
Count 4 is a return to start and then it's done 40 more times.....
And yup. You guess correctly, the instructor would do the same wait before "down" was uttered and we could take a rest.

Then of course there were the 8 count body builders, sit ups, push ups (4 types= regular, wide arm, tricept & one armed) & of course Superman's too(flutter kicks on your stomach)....

All this was never fun out on the beach for Aircrew or rescue swimmer school!
I do both of these too.

I've just added 3lb ankle weights today..just for my thingies (and these above) exercises.

Planks and pushups kill me. I can do them--at first I struggled but they seem easy now--and I believe my form is right, but later on or next day my torso will be all cramped up, esp around my ribcage. I can barely walk. So no, no planks for me.
I just refused to do those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom