Ended Official BYC Contest - Guess When We'll Hit 22 Million Posts And You Can Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched videos on skinning a rabbit. I honestly do not think I can raise meat rabbits. I cuddle my new bunnies every day. I am such a sucker. They are supposed to be pets though anyways.
I used to raise rabbits. I stuffed and roasted them. My father and I were the only ones to eat them. The words "But they were your pets." were heard

I almost bought a meat grinder that goes on my Kitchen Aid mixer the last time I was at Walmart. But I didn't. I picked up the box and looked at it... but I ended up putting it back up on the shelf. Maybe another day.
We got ours from RK I think and excited to see they started stocking replacement parts as ours has been well used for around a dozen hogs and a dozen deer

Apparently one of my neighbors has been posting on Facebook wanting to know what happened to the squirrels she had been feeding. I was told she was given lots of reasons but no one told her that I happened to them.
The squirrels around here are getting in to my bird feeders. We just bought one that is supposed to be "squirrel proof". The little bar that the lightweight birds perch on to access the feed goes down under the squirrels weight and causes a little window to close down over the opening. I don't know if it is worth it tho. I haven't seen any of the birds eating out of it either :hmm

I used to raise rabbits. I stuffed and roasted them. My father and I were the only ones to eat them. The words "But they were your pets." were heard
These aren't eating rabbits that I have. They are mini ones. I know my husband loves rabbit meat, but these aren't for that. I would have to find someone with rabbits that could give some meat.

People tell me all the time I am cruel because I butcher the offspring of my chickens. I dont even care anymore. It keeps my family fed and thats all that should matter.

The squirrels around here are getting in to my bird feeders. We just bought one that is supposed to be "squirrel proof". The little bar that the lightweight birds perch on to access the feed goes down under the squirrels weight and causes a little window to close down over the opening. I don't know if it is worth it tho. I haven't seen any of the birds eating out of it either :hmm
The ones with a big cage around them work but it also keeps out the bigger birds.

They can still get into the squirrel proof ones. My dad had 3 attacking his supposed squirrel proof ones.

We have a TON of Buntings around here. I never knew what they were until I got on google and tried to figure it out. I see these small bright all over blue birds all the time. They are pretty. I'd like to get a book to try and see what all of the different kinds are. I know we have the normal culprits. Robins, Blue Jays, Cardinals, a couple dif kinds of Finch and then the Blue Buntings. And Crows of course. I am sure many, many, many other kinds.

We have a TON of Buntings around here. I never knew what they were until I got on google and tried to figure it out. I see these small bright all over blue birds all the time. They are pretty. I'd like to get a book to try and see what all of the different kinds are. I know we have the normal culprits. Robins, Blue Jays, Cardinals, a couple dif kinds of Finch and then the Blue Buntings. And Crows of course. I am sure many, many, many other kinds.
If I am remembering correctly, I have three different bird books plus an encyclopedia type one that was my brother's but ended up being permanently mine because I was the one that used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom