Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

ROFL!
This is why they have their own category!
gig.gif

You can see her lil chicken wings! LOL!! I imagine the frizzles are gonna get REALLY good!

Heres another of my E.E. Darla. Still waiting on her to lose that beard and then we will REALLY be molting!

but i'm wondering... say you live in Winnipeg, and your chicken is looking like the white one with it's pink skin showing... it's snowing today in the 'Peg, wouldn't your chicken not do too good in the snow?
They wouldn't go out in the snow anyway :p

I had a molting chicken in January here in Atlantic Canada - she did just fine, and even continued to lay!

but i'm wondering... say you live in Winnipeg, and your chicken is looking like the white one with it's pink skin showing... it's snowing today in the 'Peg, wouldn't your chicken not do too good in the snow?

We dont usually get snow until december and the girls are usually done motling by then but some are not and they seem to go enjoy the day like everyone else and then snuggle up tight at night. Theyre dinosaurs!

Plus I have the showgirls who are always half naked and i do worry about them every day in the winter but they never seem to skip a beat diggin around in the snow :)

Last edited:
cool. I figured in nature they would be sorted out to molt before the cold weather kicks in, but today is kinda one of those freak days where winter came early, lol, wasn't sure how they'd react to that! good to know they would be fine :)

My chickens have begun molting, but so far, they've been so gradual, you really wouldn't even know it. No dramatic pictures of mine, I'm afraid.
This is my second year, but my first adult moult. Of my older birds that have started moulting, theirs were gradual too. So far neither of my boys have started moulting yet though. (I do have some pictures of my older ones when they were getting adult feathers. Pretty funny stuff too!)

Last edited:

Here is Lala, our Auracana, submitted for the "all other breeds" category. Not the ugliest molt, surely, but I got a kick out of her very expressive single tail feather.

Back
Top Bottom