Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #12

Pics
What a mess. The coop is still under construction and I have junk laying everywhere. Oh well, it is what it is.

Entry; https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/northern-u-s-duck-coop-for-ducks.77651/
Northern U.S. Duck Coop for Ducks

Northern U.S. Duck Coop for Ducks

I took all of the stuff out and I'm putting in a circulating waterer. 5 gallon bucket with 1/2" PVC with nipples and some cup type waterers, but I don't trust those. I of course will still have plenty of clean fresh water in rubber bowls from TSC. I've also moved the fence back by 2' further...

Attachments

• pole01.jpg
    pole01.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 6
We're up to nine entries!
My Chicken Coop and Exercise Run details

My Chicken Coop and Exercise Run details

In 2020 my husband gave me the best birthday gift a country girl could want, a chicken coop he designed and built himself. His design is both effecient and practical for our needs. The coop house is 8 x 12 wood frame construction. The coop is split into 2 sections - the small side is storage...
The little yellow house

The little yellow house

The Little Yellow House is the coop for our layer flock of 4 birds. It is made to looking like a smaller version of our house. It is 2 stories with 2 external hen boxes. Building Step 1- We started with the structure of the main upstairs house part. We used old and new wood. Since Florida is...
The Chookie McMansion

The Chookie McMansion

Take the video tour here or read on for the full story... The Prequel - This is the story of the Little Coop That Grew. Once upon a time, there was a girl and a boy who decided they wanted a couple of chooks (that’s Australian for “chickens”). They were trying to live a contented, organic life...
Coop with a mini pond

Coop with a mini pond

About four years ago some City friends asked us to take their chickens after the city code officer started giving them trouble. Soon we found ourselves with 19 chickens and two ducks. At first we put them in an old shed but after the bear tore apart our storage and ate two fifty pound bags of...
Tom's New Coop

Tom's New Coop

As most of you know, laying hens are pretty simple critters. It doesn’t take a whole lot for them to thrive. Enough food and water. A safe place to roost and lay eggs. Add in enough calcium and light to keep them in a laying frame of mind and you can usually have success. As has been well...
Learning as I go...take 3 coop/run 2021

Learning as I go...take 3 coop/run 2021

What began as an empty nester's Mothers Day gift from my three adult children has turned into the most expensive yet peaceful time I've had since coming to know God! While the cute little pre-fab coops seemed perfect for a small backyard and had all of the cuts and measurements already done...
La Coupè

La Coupè

I have to give all credit for inspiration to this build to @WthrLady with the Ooodalolly at DunRovin Station build. I even bought the book that was recommended, Fresh Air Poultry Houses: https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Air-Poultry-Houses-Open-Front-Healthier/dp/097217706X. I have four ISA brown...
A chicken-coop & rabbit-hutch: "The Bird & Bunny"

A chicken-coop & rabbit-hutch: "The Bird & Bunny"

(2022-3-4) Update/Clarification: Since many people have pointed-out a size 'problem' with this coop, it is worth strongly emphasizing that this coop is designed to be placed within a giant, 9x9m (~30x30ft), 81m² (~900ft²)(!), predator-proof pen, -far more 'round-the-clock space per bird/rabbit...
The Burrow

The Burrow

I'd love to highlight my very first coop- The Burrow! This will be a long, picture heavy article. The Burrow was inspired by the Wichita Cabin Coop and the Chick Inn. Photos of the rough plans are posted at the bottom of the article in case it helps anyone! First, a VERY cautionary tale, and...

I'm working on the page for Neuchickenstein, but I haven't gotten the extra details like separable pens and a built in-brooder built yet. :D

I *might* post an article but not enter a contest with it until I've gotten more of the finish details done.

I've got another coop idea to work on -- Camp Cockerel, a rougher, lower-security facility for holding cull cockerels until it's time for freezer camp. Pallets, an old picnic pavilion frame, what random wire I can find. etc.

I *might* post an article but not enter a contest with it until I've gotten more of the finish details done.

I've got another coop idea to work on -- Camp Cockerel, a rougher, lower-security facility for holding cull cockerels until it's time for freezer camp. Pallets, an old picnic pavilion frame, what random wire I can find. etc.
Two more months to get an entry in! :highfive:

Working on my article now! I may have missed this, but how are the winners determined? Love seeing everyone's so far. I've got some competition for sure! Thanks!

Working on my article now! I may have missed this, but how are the winners determined? Love seeing everyone's so far. I've got some competition for sure! Thanks!
Once the contest ends we will finish entering all of the entries into a spreadsheet, then a panel of judges will review each one. Each article is scored 1-10, 10 being the best.
1654032343916.png

Back
Top Bottom