Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—Fancy Feathered Fellas Photo Contest

Hi. He's a "Barnyard Mix". Not an official breed. It's what you get when you let nature just do it's thing. I lost my rooster to the road and was looking for another. I met a lady trying to re-home 5! I told her I could only take one, but we were both happy. Mr. Burt was hatched at her place and she didn't know which hen or which rooster was responsible. But, nonetheless, I gave a much needed home to a rooster and he filled a much needed place in my heart. By the way, I have a fence now prohibiting access to the road.
Oh ok! I am assuming this is what my rooster is, I have no idea on where to even start, the man that had his parents gave a friend of ours eggs, but she doesn’t like eggs so she gave them to us and said we could incubate them so we did. Didn’t have but only one hatch and that was our rooster. When we asked her to ask him what they were he said production reds, but he is not a production red. A lot of people say he looks like a game rooster but I still don’t really think so, if he is he sure is a big one. Not as big as our white leghorn roo but he’s still bigger than the game chickens I’ve seen, they all looked to be bantam size.
FD36E948-83C0-48AF-8EE9-E70E73067CBF.jpeg
C0DE3335-57AD-405D-994D-ECC695FFCF52.jpeg
B0E52B71-2B2C-4E24-A01C-27F1DFB3E8F3.jpeg
This was him as a chick.

Oh ok! I am assuming this is what my rooster is, I have no idea on where to even start, the man that had his parents gave a friend of ours eggs, but she doesn’t like eggs so she gave them to us and said we could incubate them so we did. Didn’t have but only one hatch and that was our rooster. When we asked her to ask him what they were he said production reds, but he is not a production red. A lot of people say he looks like a game rooster but I still don’t really think so, if he is he sure is a big one. Not as big as our white leghorn roo but he’s still bigger than the game chickens I’ve seen, they all looked to be bantam size. View attachment 2927957View attachment 2927959View attachment 2927960This was him as a chick.
Love it! He’s so cute! I Like the blue eyes! (At least, they look like they’re blue)

Back
Top Bottom