Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—Show Us Your Flock Photo Contest

Pics
New Kids on the Flock
Chicken girl band.jpg

I think the only one missing is the cockerel who is ostracized or should I say being trained in proper flock etiquette which means observing from a distance....
View attachment 2886168
We also have an Appenzeller Spitzhauben rooster! Although yours looks much bigger, how old Is he? And where did you get the hens? We can’t find them anywhere

We also have an Appenzeller Spitzhauben rooster! Although yours looks much bigger, how old Is he? And where did you get the hens? We can’t find them anywhere
Our rooster in the photo is 2 yrs. I got Spitzhauben chicks from Cackle hatchery 4 yrs ago, and the ones I have are descended from them. Not all the hens in the pic are Spitzhaubens, some are a cross w the little Sebright hen there. So many are half bantams, which makes the rooster look larger.

Our rooster in the photo is 2 yrs. I got Spitzhauben chicks from Cackle hatchery 4 yrs ago, and the ones I have are descended from them. Not all the hens in the pic are Spitzhaubens, some are a cross w the little Sebright hen there. So many are half bantams, which makes the rooster look larger.
I‘ve always wanted sebrights. They are really pretty. We got our rooster for free and he is about 1 and a half years old. Here’s the picture, not very good because he is terrified of basically everything. He’s starting to get a little calmer, but still. He’s in the background. Hard to take a picture of him because he’s scared.
9D61C8C7-F36B-4517-B4AF-8B1493F85B2D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom